Working Russell's breeders in GB

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would start with bringing your attention to the absurd thing: if I can't have a good working dog than there is not much chance to have an own line. And "breeding" rubbish isn't fun at all. Neither i

Ok that one, his name is EE louie bred by Don Campbell runs back thru old Davy Jones lines, maybe Don will tell us a bit more about him, he is in my yard since December and is worth his weight in gold

Dave seem's to have done more than most to get working dogs into Europe. No standard no dog? but in a working dog surely it's the standard of work we should look to? the kennel club never set out to

Posted Images

Ok that one, his name is EE louie bred by Don Campbell runs back thru old Davy Jones lines, maybe Don will tell us a bit more about him, he is in my yard since December and is worth his weight in gold, real great little dog, works atreat on all the quarry we have here in Holland and Germany. here is a foto of him.

rgds Dave.

post-31274-1238265052.jpg

Edited by Vermindog
  • Like 1

OK seeing as how Panna has taken the cowards way out, and decided to tell anyone who wants to PM her what big bad men both Don Campbell and myself are, and we have no other way of defending ourselves,except by telling the truth, and after talking to Don, This is what happened.

Panna was talking to me about how very much she would like a pup out of a working line, because as she has already said they are like almost immpossible to get on the continent, and I offered to help her get one, I spoke to Don aboout it and he himself was not really interested in letting one of his pups go to somone who was not what either of us would call in anyway either a terrierperson or an experianced digger. But because I thought that she was genuine and seemed serious about working her dogs, Don agreed to sell her a pup, at the time 1 pound was worth around euro1.40, and Don was talking 200 pounds, I told Don that although he was willing to sell he shoudn,t sell for that price, and that he should ask for about half the price they ask for a pup on the continent, so we arrived at the 400 euro which Don asked for and Panna agreed to.

Now for the facts.And they can all be proven.

Fact. 1puppy out of working olders sold for 400 euro

Fact.Panna knew from the start that there was no Kennell Club pedigree

Fact. Panna knew the puppy had a docked tail (dogs with docked tails cannot be shown in Europe)

Fact. Because it was easier for me to travel from Holland to GB and Pick up the puppy, Panna agreed to a set price of 300 euro for the price of a ferry ticket for me and my car + diesel ( it incidently cost me 430 euro so it was me that was out of pocket not Panna)

Fact the puppy was delivered to Jena in East Germany where Panna recieved it.

Fact She then complained of the fact that the puppy was dominant and that she didn,t like that in a dog, (in fact she was crying so much I thought that she would never stop) another complaint was the fact that she could not show the dog because there was no pedigree and also she could not show it because of its docked tail, I had just travelled over 1800 k.m. to hear this wingeing whining woman complain about somthing that she had known for the last 7 weeks, so you can imagine that I was not very pleased.

Fact I then offered her the 400 euro back and told her I would take the puppy myself, she then decided to keep it herself and to work it and only show it at open shows.

Fact I asked and got a pedigree off of Don for the puppy so that she could enter it in open shows and also so tha she could use it as a stud dog in one of the German Russell Clubs. I also was working on a pedigree from the BJRTC but when it came about that the pup had a bad bite I told both Don and the BJRTC not to bother anymore.

Both Don and myself realise that we made a terrible mistake in letting this woman have this puppy, as she is now talking about getting it casterated and giving it away, because of it,s bad bite she will not breed from it, I have told her to find a classy working bitch with a good bite, and when her dog has proven itself on defensible quarry to mate it to the bitch and take one of the pups as payment. But no she knows better.

Fact. She says that Don says that the pups dam a KC registered bitch is, but the Dam Foxwarren Annie was never a KC registered bitch and this is very easily proven.

I am sorry to have to take these steps to explain our actions, but to help someone get a good puppy out of a working litter, and then to see what she has written about the breeder , and to call me a liar, really got my rag up, and it is only because she is a Woman ??? that my language is not any stronger. No it is people like her that give us all a hard time, and makes me think twice before I ever try to be helpfull again.

Rgds Vermindog (Dave Cartwright, Grave Netherlands)

Edited by Vermindog

I cant see why someone from hungary needs to buy dogs out o their country.In hungary they have outstanding Jagdterriers,fox terriers and teckels.Its from 1978 that my friends go to hungary to buy working terriers.I've been there 3 times myself,last time I bought 5 adult and working jagdterrier for 1800 euros all of them.And they all worked well,two died to ground,two are blind cos of porcupine spikes.I bought one of best working terrier ever seen in this part of tuscany for 300 euros in 2004 in Pecs(hungary).In every gipsy village near the croatian and austrian border there are dozens of jagds.

So Panna if you want a KC registered,working terrier you can have some of the best in your own country without silly money involved.

If you want a good kc parson russell terrier,you can buy one from rednock kennells in germany.

Edited by valerio
there "work" and theres work. most terriers will do someting, but most will fail when tested.
are you saying most of yours fail or other peoples.

im saying most of your average terriers from most homes and most breeding will fail when workered hard and tested.

The Parson russell I've at the moment,an honest worker despite being past his best and having lost most of his tooths,was sired by Rednock Leonard imported by a friend of mine.Leonard was an outstanding worker to fox,porcupine and badger,and was son and grandson to Rednock Rusty,that carried in his pedigree some of the best old-fashioned english working lines from some great terriermen as D.Jones(David Davies),K.Coker(New Forest),M.Guilt and famouse badger digger T.Adsett.So you can have good blood lines of working parsons even in continental europe.

Nobody is saying otherwise Valerio, I myself have 2 Parsons that were bred in Holland and work fox, badger and wild boar. but the thing is you are looking at a price of around 7 to 800 euros for a show dog, the good working dogs are only let go to people that the breeders know.

rgds Dave.

dave, if you don't come out with your stupid hysteria on the forum, people will not know whom I got my dog from. Because I behaved ethic - and didn't come out with the name of the breeder. I even took my website off my profile so that people can not discover where the dog is from.

You can see what others wrote about a breeder that sells dogs like that - they even asked me about the name. But I did not publish it.

Your bad! Being hysteric.

But funny how many PMs I've got before the name came out and also after regarding to the quality of his dogs. Only one was saying he has dogs that worth.

You only stay a liar, but I don't waist more time on this issue.

Anna

Edited by Panna
I cant see why someone from hungary needs to buy dogs out o their country.In hungary they have outstanding Jagdterriers,fox terriers and teckels.Its from 1978 that my friends go to hungary to buy working terriers.I've been there 3 times myself,last time I bought 5 adult and working jagdterrier for 1800 euros all of them.And they all worked well,two died to ground,two are blind cos of porcupine spikes.I bought one of best working terrier ever seen in this part of tuscany for 300 euros in 2004 in Pecs(hungary).In every gipsy village near the croatian and austrian border there are dozens of jagds.

So Panna if you want a KC registered,working terrier you can have some of the best in your own country without silly money involved.

If you want a good kc parson russell terrier,you can buy one from rednock kennells in germany.

Hey Valerio,

You are right, but those are not the breeds I like. Neither. And though I saw quite some owners of Teckels saying the Teckel works good, when it came to work they just did not make the grade. FTs I hardly see in normal size, they are maybe suit for wild boar hunts, but not for eath work. Jagds are way too hard (and most of them way too big too).

Rednock...well...I'll leave it for you. ;)

Send my best wishes,

Anna

And though I saw quite some owners of Teckels saying the Teckel works good, when it came to work they just did not make the grade.

:clapper::clapper: Oh, fecking great.........wheres Leveller when you need him :clapper::clapper:

I think you two will have some common ground.......lol