Info required - aggresive fert!!

Hi Folks,

I'm after a bit of advice.

Adding a new jill to the gang, already got 1 hob(snipped) plus 2 other jills.

When we enter the new jill, the hob goes nuts & rags her all over the place, she gets bog brush tail & either the hob or jill sprays(stinks). The hob is grabbing her by the back of neck, even pulling fur out.

Any suggestions?

At the moment I've seperated the 3 jills who get on fine & the hob is on his lonesome.

Cheers

Dave

Dave, I stand to be corrected but I'm sure when jills come into season they have to be seperated from hobs that are vasectomised as the male will keep trying to mate them - eventhough he can't get her pregnant he will still try and he can damage the jills and risk becoming exhausted himself. The new jill you have is spayed but she came from a place where there was a jill in season ready to be mated and perhaps the scent of that is still on her :hmm: Even if it is the scent on her, when that goes the hob will still try and mate all three of them as he is in season himself. I do hope I'm right its not something I profess to know everthing about so I hope i'm giving you the right advice. Anyone else any ideas?

When you say snipped, you mean vasectomised as opposed to castrated I assume? If that's the case, it's almost certain that your hob is in season, and your new jill is further in season than your existing one. He's not being aggressive, he's just trying to get some action. It's probably a good idea to separate him for a bit, and as the jills come right into season, put them together.

Thanks for the info folks, at present they are seperated, probably will remain so until the hob calms down a bit.

She still goes bushy tailed when she hears the hob scratting about!

Dave

If the hobs vasectomised he is basically entire but just fires blanks, he will treat the jills exactly the same as if he wasnt vasectomised, so i wouldnt put any of the jills in with him untill there ready to be brought out of season