Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here you go trader.

pic taken from news paper cutting so not the best quality

45lb 8oz

a1159.jpg

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

cheers mc its the best fish ever caught in the history of pike fishing, the same fish was caught 14 months before at 33 lb so its done some munching :thumbs:

they netted one out of thrybergh res nr me council own it but wont lett riff raff fish it ie course fisherman like me that weighed nearly 46 pound found dead a few days later wat a shame. they netted it to take pike out to keep fly fishermen happy w-----s

here you go trader.

45lb 8oz

a1159.jpg

cheers mc its the best fish ever caught in the history of pike fishing, the same fish was caught 14 months before at 33 lb so its done some munching :thumbs:

Would I be right in saying that the fish (if female) would be full of eggs right now? Perhaps that would also account for the weight gain, in that 14 months ago, would make it around the end of January 2008 ( eggs not yet developed) when the fish was caught last. For a fish to gain that much weight in just over a year is, well, unbelievable really.

TC

here you go trader.

45lb 8oz

a1159.jpg

Would I be right in saying that the fish (if female) would be full of eggs right now? Perhaps that would also account for the weight gain, in that 14 months ago, would make it around the end of January 2008 ( eggs not yet developed) when the fish was caught last. For a fish to gain that much weight in just over a year is, well, unbelievable really.

TC

the fish was actually caught in feb,but because of the circus that follows big fish captures it wasnt reported until the end of the season to stop this fish from undue angling pressure(i too would of been up there :laugh: ) and from what ive heard wasnt carrying much spawn .all big pike are female,on the broads these pike can get into massive shoals of bream that some years turn the water black with fish, looks like this fish found a shoal :laugh:

thats a friggin moster. what do they actuly do with the record fish. like say i broke the british chub record or somthing what happens do u keep the fish in a net till some one inspects it and confirms it do you nock it onthe head then have spome one look at it all ways wonderd?