pics of jagdterriers

Its not that I don't believe what you are saying, its just that I think a good well bred Patt will do just what I've seen these Jagd terriers do below ground. Maybe its easier to find a good well bred Jagd, than it is to get a good well bred Patterdale where you are from?

I can see why the Jagd terrier is a more popular breed on the continent because of its versatility, but for working below ground I don't see how they are any better from what I have seen of them compared to a well bred Patterdale.

Thanks for your time Anna.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that I don't believe what you are saying, its just that I think a good well bred Patt will do just what I've seen these Jagd terriers do below ground. Maybe its easier to find a good well bred Jagd, than it is to get a good well bred Patterdale where you are from?

I can see why the Jagd terrier is a more popular breed on the continent because of its versatility, but for working below ground I don't see how they are any better from what I have seen of them compared to a well bred Patterdale.

Thanks for your time Anna.

I must agree with you in what concerns to the number of each breed (Pattedale and Jagd) in the continent. And I think it has a good reason. I think it is the working ability of the dog and the number of good working dogs / litter.

People are not stupid and are not the enemy of themselves. They have different thought of a good working terrier, but if the Patterdale would do better in work (both below and above the ground) I'm sure, the continent was full of Patterdales.

I personally live in Hungary, in Central-Eastern Europe, next to Austria, Slovakia or the former Yougoslavia for example.

I didn't mean that you don't believe to what I say, I just say that it would be more authentic / genuine to ask a Professional Terrierman in the subject, as hunting for him is not only a hobby, he would only use the best terriers for the work. And if 1 Patterdale would do that job, for what the God s.ke taking 3-4 types of terrier in the same time?

I must admit, I'm personally not a fan of Jagd terriers, I think I'll stay by PJRTs. I just purchased a PJRT from the GB - You see? I do believe in GB terriers! ;) - which expected to be a good mixer type. And a good earth worker at all. Not too hard and is an intelligent type - I expect. ;)

Each one of his own.

I do not come to convince anyone, there are good and bad in every breed. I would also be happy to purchase a good working Lakeland or a Patterdale to compare to the Jagds we see. That would be very interesting!

Send my best wishes,

Anna

I am sorry that this video has caused misfortune in some of you, it was not what I wanted. I wanted only to show some video of Jagd in artificial hole, used to test attitude of dogs.

But I do not understand why to make a comparison jagd Vs patterdales or russells etc.

It seems to me strange to discuss about this, I have not never said that jagd it is better… Jagds are Jagds, stop.

I am sorry that this video has caused misfortune in some of you, it was not what I wanted. I wanted only to show some video of Jagd in artificial hole, used to test attitude of dogs.

But I do not understand why to make a comparison jagd Vs patterdales or russells etc.

It seems to me strange to discuss about this, I have not never said that jagd it is better… Jagds are Jagds, stop.

All I'm saying is that there really wouldn't be a need for someone to go to all the hassle of importing German terriers when we've got Home grown dogs good enough to do the job.

If people do start importing them for work then I say fair play and good luck to them, but I don't see the point in all honesty.

you said that when the pat gets tired you enter the jagd,if the patt gets tired then get a decent one.does not matter what breed ,if it is from decent lines and the lad or lass that bred them has been selective then they will do the job.if its white or black it does not matter,a worker is a worker.

you said that when the pat gets tired you enter the jagd,if the patt gets tired then get a decent one.does not matter what breed ,if it is from decent lines and the lad or lass that bred them has been selective then they will do the job.if its white or black it does not matter,a worker is a worker.

Don't get stuck by this little sentence, mate. Just read the other 97 sentences I have also written. ;)

Anna

i have read the whole lot mate and i believe that for true honest workers ,then no matter what breed they are then in the right hands and the right breeding then they will do a job for you.cannot understand why people enter a young dog up a wooden tube where they can be lifted at any time.respect for the quarry does not come into it when you watch those videos either.poor training and no respect is just my opinion.

Don't get stuck by this little sentence, mate. Just read the other 97 sentences I have also written. ;)

Anna

But that sentence tells us more about your Patt and your Parson, than what you are telling us about the Jagd in the rest of the post.

Anyway I don't want to keep on about it all, I wish you all the best over in Hungary with your hunting.

Anna

But that sentence tells us more about your Patt and your Parson, than what you are telling us about the Jagd in the rest of the post.

Anyway I don't want to keep on about it all, I wish you all the best over in Hungary with your hunting.

Well, it tells me that you did not read enough carefully of what I have written of them, nor you did talk to any terrierman about what I have said. Sorry, but like this there is no sense to talk, really.

Send my best wishes,

Anna

Well, it tells me that you did not read enough carefully of what I have written of them, nor you did talk to any terrierman about what I have said. Sorry, but like this there is no sense to talk, really.

Send my best wishes,

Anna

I have spoke to other terrier men about it though, who have Jagd's and Patts and I've been told there isn't a difference between the Patts he's worked and the Jagd's for earthwork.

i m from slovakia and we have here a lot of jagt. great dogs. i m hunting with bedlingtons, patterdale and Czesky terrier. if they re working no difference between breeds. may be one, jagt do not use brain.

i saw jagt which could not handle certain situations in that case we use my beddy.

each to their own.

• 2 weeks later...