• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
ref supermoto i ride a ktm 640 supermoto that is upped to a 660, and i love it. Have more fun and trust me i get low on the bends. hammer most sport bike riders around the twistie section only to get beat on the straight lines. They are good bikes. but when buying have a good check of it as they get thrashed more than a sports bike as there mainly single cylinders. Also the maintenance on them is a bit higher due to what they are (basicaly moto x with road tyres) so take this in to consideration. I also race a ktm EXC 300 2 stroke off road doing enduro's and i am thinking of turning this into a supermoto aswell. Mate supermoto's are great in my eyes and ive had sport bikes aswell last one was a rsv 1000 wich was good to.

What ever test you do, do it quick as the law changes big style soon.

A

Arnt you joing the army soon, if thats the case do your bike licence then get the army to pay for your car licence. then you can have both :p

Good luck with what ever you do mate.

KTM all the way they are just awesome

and the 300 EXC 2 stroke you speak of - they are IMO the best off road enduro bike you can get - i had one before my son came along in 2005 and the power delivery is wicked. If you put some super moto wheels on one of them you will have some fun but really for road use you be better off getting the bigger 640 cos a 300 exc will not be able to maintain the highest speeds at high revs for long before it goes bang.