rod license?

if i get a full rod license now does it only run til the end of the season or is it 12 month? i.e,if i get a full one,is it gonna cost me 26 quid for a month's fishing?if so,i'll wait and just get a day license for the odd day i'll go!(i've just bought some gear to start fishing again and am a bit out of touch with the rules and regs!!)

Yeah they only run to the end of the season, so I'd say wait till next month to get it!

thought as much.i'll wait! :D what are the rules on fishing still waters in the "closed season" now? :hmm:

What Halfinch said.

In addition, you can get one day or one week licenses too, but they are relatively expensive for the amount of fishing you get. You still need one for commercials, and some do check.....

if i get a full rod license now does it only run til the end of the season or is it 12 month? i.e,if i get a full one,is it gonna cost me 26 quid for a month's fishing?if so,i'll wait and just get a day license for the odd day i'll go!(i've just bought some gear to start fishing again and am a bit out of touch with the rules and regs!!)

Yes mate - They go from 1 April to 31 March each year......Little tip, make sure you are not caught without one. It carries a criminal record.........Think of the SGC/FAC. Believe me, it aint worth being caught without a rod licence!

This season they are changing to a plastic license, you have to apply for it and it gets posted to you. If you want to go fishing while waiting for your license to come you have to take your receipt with you to the bankside and produce it if you get pulled off the bailiff

This season they are changing to a plastic license, you have to apply for it and it gets posted to you. If you want to go fishing while waiting for your license to come you have to take your receipt with you to the bankside and produce it if you get pulled off the bailiff

if you buy one online,you're given a number and this is your "license" if asked to produce it,this number proves you have bought one.i've bought two day ones so far this way.