Squirrel help needed

kobidog

go at first light, squirrel's are not early risers, prefering to come out when the sun get's up a bit.. find a good spot in a clearing ,with good all round views, dig ye self in cameed up make ye self comfortable and wait . as the morning wears on the squizzers will come to you . unaware you are waiting in ambush they are not wary , and offer simple shot's. i have shot double figure squirrel bags doing this , with the odd jay 'n' woodie thrown in for good measure. you could also bait a few spot's and wait. though i have never baited em. i just prefer to sit and wait for em to come to me, then plug the little focker's.. :victory:

go at first light, squirrel's are not early risers, prefering to come out when the sun get's up a bit.. find a good spot in a clearing ,with good all round views, dig ye self in cameed up make ye self comfortable and wait . as the morning wears on the squizzers will come to you . unaware you are waiting in ambush they are not wary , and offer simple shot's. i have shot double figure squirrel bags doing this , with the odd jay 'n' woodie thrown in for good measure. you could also bait a few spot's and wait. though i have never baited em. i just prefer to sit and wait for em to come to me, then plug the little focker's.. :victory:

Do you just wate anywhere in the wood/copse where they are? Because i was thinking of waiting by a pheasant feeder.

yeah wait by the pheasant feeder. or next to a clearing or ride in the wood. look at the ground and up in the trees . if there are a few squirrel's in the wood. it wont be to long till you get your chances of thining em out . i would have a couple of ambush points. and stay in each one for an hour or so . then have a slow stalk around the place . and then head for the next ambush point. stop 'n' start approach work well.... ;)