OUT TODAY

Finally got out after nearly 3 weeks lay off due to the weather,a few days work :o & not much rabbit around on my place :( .Arrived at the top quarry for 9am i wanted to work the burn but the snow would be deeper than the 1-2ft in places at the quarry,car showing 0c,bright sunshine & light northerly wind.

I could'nt do quite a few sets as the snow had frozen over the unused holes so it was'nt looking good.In the quarry bottom i saw 6 or rabbit run straight into the quarry wall :cry: .I did the usual sets in the bottom,nothing & even the fallen tree set failed to produce :( .

I had a quick mooch into the small wood & bagged 1 from 5 holer :) so least i had something in the bag..phheeewww!!

As i was walking back along the north wall i saw a rabbit run underneath a piece of corrugated iron,so on went the nets & after a few mins i put the jill in,1 more...yiiippeee :D

On the way further along the wall i seen a couple run into a large set on the quarry wall which i have never touched for some bizzare reason :blink: when i got to it,all 20 odd holes on a steep,muddy bank were netted, purse & quickset.Managed to bag 3,1 ran under the footline but i was happy with the days graft & the 2 adult jills were glad of the work.1 of the rabbits had embryo's in it so looks like the seasons drawing to a close but i'll try to get the end of the month out of it :hmm:

End of day photo but i'll do a second post & put a couple of more piccies up of the day out :thumbs: