Land Rover QUESTION???

I've seen a 2008 Defender Dashboard for sale and was wondering if it would fit into my 1989 Defender? I would think it should as there basically the same mine being a 300tdi and the dash being from a TD5. ANYONE DONE THIS CONVERSION? I was going to put this on a Land rover forum but we'll not even go there shall we :censored: cranks! ANYONE? ATB MRD.

if yours is 1989 it will not be a 300tdi, and the dash from an 08 car is not out off a td5, the 08 car is carrying the ford transit engine so im guessing the bulk head will be quite a bit different. i may be wrong but i dont think it will fit. you may allso struggle to ghange gear with the new dash in.

Mine is a 300tdi Everything! on a 1989 County SW Chassis, just the chassis " everything else is 300tdi! body,Salisbury Axle, R380 box. A friend of mine that builds 90's to order says that it will fit but I will need something for the speedo and a crate of Stella he would help fit it.

Mine is a 300tdi Everything! on a 1989 County SW Chassis, just the chassis " everything else is 300tdi! body,Salisbury Axle, R380 box. A friend of mine that builds 90's to order says that it will fit but I will need something for the speedo and a crate of Stella he would help fit it.

so why ask on here then??????????

What? You go on the LR FORUMS don't you? HAS ANY-ONE DONE DONE THIS CONVERSION BEFORE??? I can put a gap between the words I F Y O U WOULD UNDERSTAND IT M O R E ! !" Don't be a prick mate. MRD.

im not being a prick at all, i find that quite offensive. you asked if it was posible, i answed with my opinion, then you come back saying that your mate builds them to order and has allready said its possible. so if you know its possible allready why come on here asking if it is when you know it is. then you imply im thick and call me a prick. im going to dismiss this for now and put it down to the drugs you take.

im not being a prick at all, i find that quite offensive. you asked if it was posible, i answed with my opinion, then you come back saying that your mate builds them to order and has allready said its possible. so if you know its possible allready why come on here asking if it is when you know it is. then you imply im thick and call me a prick. im going to dismiss this for now and put it down to the drugs you take.

The drugs I take? Now thats offensive!! as you know nothing about me. Your opinion? No you asked a question! Yes daft c**t A QUESTION, my mate builds 200tdi 90's and said that he would think it would be able as my 110 is 90% 300tdi I just thought I would ask if anyone HAD done the Conversion!! Read the first Post PRICK.

I've seen a 2008 Defender Dashboard for sale and was wondering if it would fit into my 1989 Defender? I would think it should as there basically the same mine being a 300tdi and the dash being from a TD5. ANYONE DONE THIS CONVERSION? I was going to put this on a Land rover forum but we'll not even go there shall we :censored: cranks! ANYONE? ATB MRD.

you contridicting your self from the start. all this for a motor you dont want cause its to uncomfty another contridiction. i did read the question and i did read your own answer to the question. so if you know allready that it will fit why ask again ant purposly cause an agument. oh and the 200tdi is an engine not a model so the defenders your freinds build will be the same bar the engine. the shell didnt change till they put in the 2.4 transit engine which is th model that has the dash you wish to fit.

The drugs I take? Now thats offensive!! as you know nothing about me. Your opinion? No you asked a question! Yes daft c**t A QUESTION, my mate builds 200tdi 90's and said that he would think it would be able as my 110 is 90% 300tdi I just thought I would ask if anyone HAD done the Conversion!! Read the first Post PRICK.

at which point did i the daft c**t ask a question. i belive it was you that asked the question. i'll put that down to the drugs again.

at which point did i the daft c**t ask a question. i belive it was you that asked the question. i'll put that down to the drugs again.

YOU ARE a member of EVERY LAND ROVER forum? As I think you are a prick. If you think other wise please let me know, I will be the Liar at a few shows and game fairs this year in the F REG grey 110 Defender! Please find me as I would fooking love to meet you. YOU f*****g SMART ARSE THAT NO_ONE CAN UNDERSTAND! What a little Prick!! ATB and AML .... All My Love. MRD. Drugs? I like my beer mate, never took a drug in my life. Get on th LTI forum.

i agree with harddigging mate,you did ask if the dash would fit then you said your mate who builds defenders said it would but you will need something for the speedo.

If i was you mate i would ask your mate to do it as he knows his way round a defender.

atb lee

ps i'm on a land rover forum and if you was to ask on there you would get a answer straight away.why have you got a big problem with lr forums mate

i agree with harddigging mate,you did ask if the dash would fit then you said your mate who builds defenders said it would but you will need something for the speedo.

If i was you mate i would ask your mate to do it as he knows his way round a defender.

atb lee

ps i'm on a land rover forum and if you was to ask on there you would get a answer straight away.why have you got a big problem with lr forums mate

Are you for f*****g real? My mate said it would fit. I say i've got a 10" cock but guess what I have'nt!! Don't jump on the f*****g wagon mate. And after me and Harddigging had alot of PM'S we hold hands now! And guess what the Puma Dash would'nt fit in my Defender anyway but don't cry.

ps. . . . And i've got a problem with LR sites member because like MOST LR owners because they have changed the Heater Plugs on the Diesel they think they know it all!! But guess what?"! Every Land Rover is different! Believe it or not! What I do find weird is that me and my 8 yr old son go to Frickley so he can have a drive of the 110 and that Lads there are f*****g Diamonds! (face to face) It was a guy there that said def not as he tried the same conversion. I thank you. MRD.

Edited by MRD