the best breed of terrier you owned or seen work?

id have to say patterdale lads for the determination to do the job, have none now but the last one was brownie a dinger, hard as nails!

died a few days after a dig last year im still in mourning! :11: but then i have seen some bad ones aswell so its kinda the luck of the draw isnt it?

the best i seen was a blind border bitch.excellent finder,bolter stayer.my best a plummer dog years ago a true warrior who died doing his job.

How was he bred goldfinch? :)

OUT OF VANDAL.CANT REMEMBER THE BITCHES NAME.BILL MOSSMAN I GOT IT OFF.NO OFFENCE KEEPS,NOT WANTING A ROW BUT PLUMMERS THEN WERE DIFFERENT DOGS FROM TODAY. :victory:

the best i seen was a blind border bitch.excellent finder,bolter stayer.my best a plummer dog years ago a true warrior who died doing his job.

OUT OF VANDAL.CANT REMEMBER THE BITCHES NAME.BILL MOSSMAN I GOT IT OFF.NO OFFENCE KEEPS,NOT WANTING A ROW BUT PLUMMERS THEN WERE DIFFERENT DOGS FROM TODAY. :victory:

Thanks for the reply. Can't argue with you goldfinch as I have no idea how your dog was compared to the ones that I own; I have 4 plummer bitches who are all descendants of vandal, one of them as close a grandaughter, 2 great grandaughters and 1 gt gt grandaughter :) It is one of the great grandaughters that is the best I personally own hunting-wise, at the moment.

Thanks for the reply. Can't argue with you goldfinch as I have no idea how your dog was compared to the ones that I own; I have 4 plummer bitches who are all descendants of vandal, one of them as close a grandaughter, 2 great grandaughters and 1 gt gt grandaughter :) It is one of the great grandaughters that is the best I personally own hunting-wise, at the moment.keeps i could nt hold him back.killing rats at 5 months.good with ferrets.self entered to fox at 7 months.we were ratting and he bolted a fox from some bales.farmer shot it.he was a legend among the local farmers by a year old.he went from strengh to strengh.died young doing his job.ill have a look for some old photos.

Thanks for the reply. Can't argue with you goldfinch as I have no idea how your dog was compared to the ones that I own; I have 4 plummer bitches who are all descendants of vandal, one of them as close a grandaughter, 2 great grandaughters and 1 gt gt grandaughter :) It is one of the great grandaughters that is the best I personally own hunting-wise, at the moment.

keeps i could nt hold him back.killing rats at 5 months.good with ferrets.self entered to fox at 7 months.we were ratting and he bolted a fox from some bales.farmer shot it.he was a legend among the local farmers by a year old.he went from strengh to strengh.died young doing his job.ill have a look for some old photos.

It would be nice to see some old photos of him :) Also be good to know the name of the bitch he was out of.

I have a son of vandal, hes probably been the most important sire in the history of the modern day plummer terrier as far as his influence on the breed has been. though he is very sharp as are some of his offspring, not everyone can cope with this as many plummer owners like docile dogs as they are easier to deal with.

though now we are seeing milder dogs coming through which do carry the same qualities, its all about improvement without losing type, quality, ability, soundness and consistancy.

We have a bedlam(who was by vandal) bred bitch out working this season, who is proving to be formidable

Edited by 10/22
I have a son of vandal, hes probably been the most important sire in the history of the modern day plummer terrier as far as his influence on the breed has been. though he is very sharp as are some of his offspring, not everyone can cope with this as many plummer owners like docile dogs as they are easier to deal with.

though now we are seeing milder dogs coming through which do carry the same qualities, its all about improvement without losing type, quality, ability, soundness and consistancy.

We have a bedlam(who was by vandal) bred bitch out working this season, who is proving to be formidable

Born Hunter

can i PM you ? thanks

Born Hunter

can i PM you ? thanks

If this is meant for me, of course you can pm me, I am Tim Green From Legion Kennels, its no secret, feel free to get in touch, i'll help all I can.