Nissan Navarra D22

Hi

Ive been looking to buy a double cab for a while and like the sound of the navara D22 the only thing putting me off is the conrod problem that ive heard of?? Now is this problem very common and am i right in thinking that it mostly affects 2004 models? Also someone said its only a common problem with the king cabs?

My reason for asking is ive found a reasonably priced one from a dealer, its a one owner 2005 double cab with full nissan history and only covered 30000miles, it will come with 18mnths warrenty, mot and serviced up to date..

Any info would be great.....

Also any problems aside how do you rate them?

Thanks SR

i quite like the idea of the navara for the same reasons as you but ive been scared off regarding the engine problems and there are plenty on ebay with engine problems.

i just want something good on fuel and cheap on parts so i have decided on a vitara but they have a small boot so may have to get a small trailer for the HUGE amounts of game i will be carrying lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nissan navara's are brilliant trucks. I have a 1997 Nissan Datsun Double Cab (known in the UK as the D22), and the only problem I have had is the speedometer has broken. Nissan seem very reliable. It is a 3.2 diesel QD32 engine, meaning for every time i fill up £60 i get about 280 miles out of it. I say buy it :D

i have a 52 plate double cab thats done 100 plus k and pulled everyday and love it,but its due for replacement and i do not like the new model so it looks like its going to be ford ranger thunder any good?(needs to be able to pull 3 tonnes so only ranger,isuzu,or mazda)

The ford ranger is a good economic truck. At about 35mpg you can feel like your in truck and get good fuel consumption. My honest opinion is that its not very meaty, so if your hauling every day then a 2.5 diesel engine isn't great. Your better off going for something over a 3 litre engine, but hey, it's your money.