decoying to air rifle??

ok thanks, i will try that sometime. Also when i go shooting squirrels big flocks of pigeons fly from the trees(Never shot one of them before, they are so wary). If i set up a hide by the trees and waited for them would they come back or would they just move to different trees further away?

if the pigeons are roosting in those trees then find out what time they come in to roost usualy early evening and wait there in a hide ( or just very very still with no hide). you could put some tree decoys up in the tree closest to you. they say for every 5 decoys on the ground all is needed is 1 decoy in the trees. although once youshoot 1 they all fly off

Guest air gunner

Hi lads me and a friend have been meaning to do this for a while. the thing is how do we know which fields to use? and what shape we should putt our 5 decoys i hear you place them into the wind. but the real question is what time of day and which fields any particular crop etc?

Guest air gunner

Again bearinator comes to the rescue. how far out should we put the decoys? we have a net and a huge range of fields do pigeons use the same fields day in day out? how ong does it generally take for the pigeons to appear? what time of day is best to watch flight paths?

How far out? depends what range your comfortable at (start at 20 - 25 yards), pigeons will keep using the field till all the grain is used, first light is normally the best time to watch the flight lines as they are taking off from their roost to the feeding grounds, they can appear with in 10 minutes or they could be wary and not come at all. I've seen me out with the hide set up and the pigeons have moved further down the field or into a different field, alot of it is luck