bloody neighbors

Started to put down a concrete base for the bird housing and weighing room today and I was being watched by my next door but one neighbor.

As I went out to my van to get some tools she came running over and asked what it was for so I told her. Her reply was that I am not getting a bird and she is going to talk to the RSPCA and the local Parish council.

She also spouted on about its cruel to teach a bop to hunt :blink:, with that I asked her " did you teach your Cat to hunt Mice and Birds then" of course the answer was "NO" so my reply was " well you must have done as it wouldn't do it naturally the same as the bird wouldn't"

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut as that wound her up more :D .

So my question is can the RSPCA or Parish council stop me getting a bird, anyone else been in this situation.

I dont know about the bird bit but if she gets in touch with the parish council they might ask the local planning authority if you need planning permission for the buildings as the rules have changed recently about what you can and cant do without needing planning permission. Go and see the planners before the parish council does.

Thanks guys, bloody people as soon as I get all excited about getting ready for my bird someone has to stick there nose in.

Will look into planning tomorrow as well , its only a wooden shell so would that still need planning????

The whole shell is wood so its not going to be classed as a permenant building by the looks of it ;) .

Also would noise be a problem i.e can she complan about it, I just want to cover myself so I can then just tell her to fook off and know she cant do anything about it.

Thanks guys, bloody people as soon as I get all excited about getting ready for my bird someone has to stick there nose in.

Will look into planning tomorrow as well , its only a wooden shell so would that still need planning????

Despite what people say a wooden shed is development in The Town and Country Planning Act.

People say "its only temporary its wooden" its development it may require planning permission, ask before wasting your money.

If it does not then you will be happy.

edited to say ps I have worked in planning for nearly 20 years, so trust me just ask.

Edited by harrycatcat

Despite what people say a wooden shed is development in The Town and Country Planning Act.

People say "its only temporary its wooden" its development it may require planning permission, ask before wasting your money.

If it does not then you will be happy.

Will have to look into this more just phoned my old man and he seemed to think it was going to be ok.

Do I call planning or can I look it up on the net?

Edited by hilly

If I was you I would go into the local planning office and take a diagram or plan with your house on with measurements on where the shed or aviery is going to go. How big is it going to be ie 2m x 3m? 2m high?

Is it at the side of the house or in the back garden if its at the side I think it will automaticaly require PP with new regs.

how far away from your house is it ? have you got other sheds has the house been extended before these are questions that the planners will ask you if its close to the house.