Keeping Warm in the hide on Cold Days

When sitting in the hide, with a biting wind blowing (like Saturday this weekend!), getting cold (despite wearing thermals) in between periods of activity, to keep warm, I do the following:

1. Look around to check no woodies inbound, or watching from nearby sitty trees etc.

2. Load rucksack with as much weight as possible - spare ammo, flask, sandwiches etc; use rucksack rather like dumbell to do arm curls. Certainly warms up cold fingers!

3. Keeping head below top of hide at all times, do squats from as low down as you can get - also warms up cold toes!

Also has the added benefit of keeping me a little bit fitter, and hopefully helping a bit to get rid of the post Christmas weight gain!

What does everybody else do?

• 2 weeks later...
When sitting in the hide, with a biting wind blowing (like Saturday this weekend!), getting cold (despite wearing thermals) in between periods of activity, to keep warm, I do the following:

1. Look around to check no woodies inbound, or watching from nearby sitty trees etc.

2. Load rucksack with as much weight as possible - spare ammo, flask, sandwiches etc; use rucksack rather like dumbell to do arm curls. Certainly warms up cold fingers!

3. Keeping head below top of hide at all times, do squats from as low down as you can get - also warms up cold toes!

Also has the added benefit of keeping me a little bit fitter, and hopefully helping a bit to get rid of the post Christmas weight gain!

What does everybody else do?

not a good idea pal, it takes the blood away from the vital organs, that is keeping them warm. you could faint and leave yourself open to pnuemonia.
  • 4 weeks later...