Advice please....

I am looking to invest in a good quality, budget rifle, scope and silencer for hunting (mainly rabbits) but not sure which direction to go in. I have been thinking about a rifle like maybe the BSA Lightning or similar but would welcome the advice of some more experienced hunters before I part with any money!

I am looking at spending about £200-250 initially for the full kit and would also consider a used rifle as knowing what I am like, if all goes well, I will want to quickly move up to a more expensive higher quality gun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Darren

i would go for a seccond hand, for your budget you will be able to get a decent gun complete with scope.

have a look in the for sale section someone was selling a lightning last light. ( poacher36 £100 with scope)

see if you can try one, at a club, a mate etc. to see if it suits you first.

good luck and let us know how you get on.

all the best

sean

For that sort of money you're looking at springers as to buy a PCP for that price you're looking second hand and you would still need to fill it with air. If I was you I'd visit a gun shop and try a few on your hands, put them to your shoulder and see what they feel like.

If you find some that you are comfortable with post them on here and ask folk what they think then :drink:

i would go for a seccond hand, for your budget you will be able to get a decent gun complete with scope.

have a look in the for sale section someone was selling a lightning last light. ( poacher36 £100 with scope)

Thanks for that Sean, I'll have a look now

For that sort of money you're looking at springers as to buy a PCP for that price you're looking second hand and you would still need to fill it with air. If I was you I'd visit a gun shop and try a few on your hands, put them to your shoulder and see what they feel like.

Good shout - I have a local gun shop so I'll see if they are prepared to let me try a few out - thanks