hunting with smk 19

i have a smk 19 and go out shooting rabbits and do pidgeon shooting. i havent shot any with this gun yet (i have killed loads with my grandads gun. a tx200). i am just wondering some things about my smk19. how can i make the trigger better ? what range should i kill them at ? whats the best way to set my scope properly?

i also got a 6x40 scope on it and a silencer on it.

i have a smk 19 and go out shooting rabbits and do pidgeon shooting. i havent shot any with this gun yet (i have killed loads with my grandads gun. a tx200). i am just wondering some things about my smk19. how can i make the trigger better ? what range should i kill them at ? whats the best way to set my scope properly?

Theres a lot of people that will slag the SMK's off. There a good first gun i would say. Ive got a QB78 its a good little gun, solong as you dont try taking silly shots.

Distance ide say max between 20-25 yards. Make sure its zero'd properly though. Take it to local gun shot, theyll use lazer bore sight done in 2 mins. Lot better then faffing about useing loads of pellets.

SMK's are very tuneable guns. It all depends on how much cash you have to spend. Theres a few blokes on here that have smk's tuned up or 'modded'

Theres a bloke that you can send them to and he tunes them up, bringing them to legal limin (well just under obviously) Cost you a few quid, but ive heard very good reports. Im not 100% but i think his name is T R Robb (some one will correct me if im wrong haha) Considerd haveing mine done, but bought a new gun instead.

Good luck bud

A silencer on a smk19, is this effective?

i have an smk 19 .177, with 3-9x40 tasco on, and i can kill out to 35 yds, watch the wind though.

get yourself familiar with the trajectory of your pellets, and the effect different windspeeds will have, and take the time to zero properly, using lazers is ok, but pellet trajectory isnt flat, and its different for each type/weight of pellet.

i'm not dissing using lazer bore sights, but i find i get to know my rifle better when i've spent time on it, zeroing and marking the fall of the round.

everyone is different so, kill at what range you feel comfortable.

there are plenty of places out there that will mod your rifle, and in todays market i should imagine at seriously competitive prices, so have a look around.

nice.

do you get much noise from the piston?

i have a .22 pcp, and when i bought the smk, i'd never had a .177 before, i'm happy with it, its good for the pigeons, makes head shots a little bit easier due to smaller slug.

the .22 is better in wind though.

it still has abit as noise but the silencer was only £35 i think from castle ashby gun shop and it cut the noise down so im happy with the result. i think its about half the noise now with the silencer if that helps. i recommend u get 1.

sounds like a worthy investment.

i guess i notice the noise alot more because i'm used to silenced pcp.

i'm setting up a rifle club locally, so once i get off the ground i'll give it a go with a silencer.

probably will have a mod shop setup within club as well.

dont suppose you know anything about the trigger?

Theres a lot of people that will slag the SMK's off. There a good first gun i would say. Ive got a QB78 its a good little gun, solong as you dont try taking silly shots.

Distance ide say max between 20-25 yards. Make sure its zero'd properly though. Take it to local gun shot, theyll use lazer bore sight done in 2 mins. Lot better then faffing about useing loads of pellets.

SMK's are very tuneable guns. It all depends on how much cash you have to spend. Theres a few blokes on here that have smk's tuned up or 'modded'

Theres a bloke that you can send them to and he tunes them up, bringing them to legal limin (well just under obviously) Cost you a few quid, but ive heard very good reports. Im not 100% but i think his name is T R Robb (some one will correct me if im wrong haha) Considerd haveing mine done, but bought a new gun instead.

Good luck bud

I think this post is about a SMK 19, that's a springer? as far as I know TR Robb does a tune kit for the 78.s (CO2) I might be wrong, however I have just this second been on another forum where the guy is showing you how to tune a BAM 20 Trigger, IL contact this member and ask him if he will post me the pictures for you and go from there, its a very easy tune,, but IL let you know,,,watch this space,, all the best,

Rob..