power loss

cantona

Just bought a second hand air arms 400 got it zerod at about 30 meters on a can of coke lay down front on, then pumped it back up to 200 as it had dropped to 100, tryed it again and it was way out, i had to turn scope to max and still point above can tryed about 30 shots but no change , how could it loose power, could it be that screw that you can ajust came loose , is it a special tool you need to unscrew the grub screw to get at it, and is there any seals that can blow?

Just bought a second hand air arms 400 got it zerod at about 30 meters on a can of coke lay down front on, then pumped it back up to 200 as it had dropped to 100, tryed it again and it was way out, i had to turn scope to max and still point above can tryed about 30 shots but no change , how could it loose power, could it be that screw that you can ajust came loose , is it a special tool you need to unscrew the grub screw to get at it, and is there any seals that can blow?

Don't get it........i had to turn scope to max and still point above can tryed about 30 shots but no change , what has turning the scope up to max got to do with anything and if you fired 30 shots with no change I assume you were grouping so what happened to the air it was meant to be losing at a dramatic rate?? When air is very low the shots fall off like a cliff!

Rifle tuning requests are strictly forbidden here, your post would possibly suggest seal damage but :hmm::hmm: try your local RFD he will soon sort out the problem!! :thumbs::thumbs:

ATB!

Why fill it upto 200 Bar - the maximum advised limit (by the rifle manufacturers themselves) is 190 Bar, and most of us AA users usually fill to around 180 Bar max anyway, as a rule? :hmm:

Filling to 200 Bar will do you absolutely no favours at all :no: - except other than to limit the time that the transfer port on the rifle is open for during the shot cycle - thereby limiting the shot consistency by a different figure each time a shot is taken. :yes:

Mate, you need to get out of that habbit smartish, like. Or else, you may find that it won't be that long at all before your rifle will have problems somewhere or t'other. :icon_eek:

All the best,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper
Why fill it upto 200 Bar - the maximum advised limit (by the rifle manufacturers themselves) is 190 Bar, and most of us AA users usually fill to around 180 Bar max anyway, as a rule? :hmm:

Filling to 200 Bar will do you absolutely no favours at all :no: - except other than to limit the time that the transfer port on the rifle is open for during the shot cycle - thereby limiting the shot consistency by a different figure each time a shot is taken. :yes:

Mate, you need to get out of that habbit smartish, like. Or else, you may find that it won't be that long at all before your rifle will have problems somewhere or t'other. :icon_eek:

All the best,

Grim.

cheers should i fire it a bit to release some presure out, and how low before i should refill again.

i had the same problem a while ago with my axsor it turned out the brass adaptor that the silencer screwed onto was slightly bent and the pellet was rattling through the silencer and sending it everywhere every shot i took im not saying this is the prob you having but thats what i was having

If you aint sure what youre doing with pneumatic air guns dont tamper with it as 200Bar is alot of pressure and can cause seriouse damage !

my advice is take it to youre locall gun smith and if hes any good he will zero it for you with youre choice and weight of pellet !

Hope you get it sorted mate !

atb anythingoes :thumbs:

i got the same gun mate and the same probem i am looking on ebay now for the kits with new seals and how to fit them all for £22 worht a try lol.

i been lookin at the s400 for a year did my home work and was that inpressed i got 2 lol.

now i have had them 6 months i would never get another

1. they rust easy i look after my guns but was out all day with it (9 hours) got home and there was small rust spots on it.

2. the scerws that hold the gun together are not up to much only one alan screw to hold the end of the barrel it can work losse.

3. power not up to much i got a hw80 that can kill at 45 yeards this hits them and some times lose them it been checked and its 12fp.