GSP

Hi

When working my GSP either beating or rough shooting she works too far away from me, is there anything i can do to keep her working nearer to me?

thanks for reading

same here mate whenever i take mine out she works the whole hill too much energy and she works really well

thats what the breed is desinged to do fellas they cast a lot differently and work further out ... if you wanted a closer tighter worker then you should have gone for a springer ...........

thats what the breed is desinged to do fellas they cast a lot differently and work further out ... if you wanted a closer tighter worker then you should have gone for a springer ...........

quite right socks there also used for stalking and i have seen them on the grouse moors working very well

I have a GWP X Brittany Spaniel and hes very much like the pointer in respects to him ranging, as its said before thats almost bred into them to range ahead find its quarry then stay on point for the duration it takes to allow the guns/falconer to get in position.

to stop him goin forward what i do is do alot of work quartering so he still ranges but laterally rather than forward (if you get me). if this is problematic them use a long piece of rope to keep him in control and teachhes him to range only fairly close to you, in the feild this will proberly increase abit because of temptation but hopefully keep it within reasonable range.

I have a GWP X Brittany Spaniel and hes very much like the pointer in respects to him ranging, as its said before thats almost bred into them to range ahead find its quarry then stay on point for the duration it takes to allow the guns/falconer to get in position.

to stop him goin forward what i do is do alot of work quartering so he still ranges but laterally rather than forward (if you get me). if this is problematic them use a long piece of rope to keep him in control and teachhes him to range only fairly close to you, in the feild this will proberly increase abit because of temptation but hopefully keep it within reasonable range.

thanks for the reply sterry........i will give that a go and see how i get on

cheers