Light Or Lamp

Guest Catcher

Guest Catcher

This Topic has been going on for years between me and a few of my friend.It,s a old running battle.What is the hardest hare catch.Day or night I say it is a lot harder for a dog to take a daytime hare.A few of my friends say night is just as hard Bull----.I ran dog for twelve years (day and night) and i can say whitout a dout a daytime run is a lot harder.Now people may say you can get an all rounder.That is not the debate. The debate is.)Is it easyer for a dog to take a day or night time hare.Please if you reply give a good reason why.

Edited by Catcher

YER RIGHT OLD CATCHER MATE DAY TIME HARES ARE HARDER BECAUSE THERE NO GETING 1 MILLION CANDLE POWER LAMPS SHONE IN THERE PEEPERS GUYS WITH DOGS, BRED FOR SPECIFICLY FOR HARES WOULDINT LAMP THEM ANYWAY THEY WOULD BE UP IN ARMS :o

Guest Catcher
YER RIGHT OLD CATCHER MATE DAY TIME HARES ARE HARDER BECAUSE THERE NO GETING 1 MILLION CANDLE POWER LAMPS SHONE IN THERE PEEPERS GUYS WITH DOGS, BRED FOR SPECIFICLY FOR HARES WOULDINT LAMP THEM ANYWAY THEY WOULD BE UP IN ARMS :o

Good for you ASBO

Edited by Catcher
THOUGHT AD PUT THIS UP PRE BAN PHOTO ANY WAY :clapper:

asbo dont go stealing my fotos now !!!!! day time test the dog nite time tests the owner and the dog for lamping isnt just letting dogs work up kit !!!! a man has 2 know the land and youse a lamp !!! good post but it will get nasty ! that was with 3 dogs ! all collie x !! ;) atb anythingoes

post-15880-1232232391.jpg

post-15880-1232232728.jpg

Edited by anythingoes

HA HA! the last time you had a dog Jesus was still a boy! Anythingoes picture answers your question it's easier at night....although nighttime Hares can be difficult. Asbo....how would you know about blinding a hare with a lamp you've usually got it pointed in the farmers window or up in the sky :D :D

Edited by undisputed
HA HA! the last time you had a dog Jesus was still a boy! Anythingoes picture answers your question it's easier at night....although nighttime Hares can be difficult. Asbo....how would you know about blinding a hare with a lamp you've usually got it pointed in the farmers window or up in the sky :D:D

:clapper::clapper::clapper::icon_redface:

Guest oldskool

i think there is a couple of arguements that can be put forward by both parties...

FIRSTLY,

IMO, the average lad/lass heading out for a nights lamping is probably only running a lurcher with about 50% greyhound in it where as lads that are into daytime coursing are running dogs bred for the job...

SECONDLY,

hares are silly at the start of the season and can even run into the lad holdin the lamp (i turn my light off unless i want the meat) but when they get educated they dont hang around long... if i'm lamping a hare thats been lamped before i've found them just as hard as what they are during the daytime... especially when they realise that to be safe they only have to run out of the beam and in a big field with a dog thats maybe only half greyhound the dog is goin to find it tough goin....

just my opinion :)

Guest Catcher
HA HA! the last time you had a dog Jesus was still a boy! Anythingoes picture answers your question it's easier at night....although nighttime Hares can be difficult. Asbo....how would you know about blinding a hare with a lamp you've usually got it pointed in the farmers window or up in the sky :D :D

Well at last.but i will give you this it takes a man to admit he was wrong. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Well at last.but i will give you this it takes a man to admit he was wrong. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

You should know by now mate I'm never wrong :angel: ASBO thats two gay comments you've made there's a post been put up you might be interested in :cry:

You should know by now mate I'm never wrong :angel: ASBO thats two gay comments you've made there's a post been put up you might be interested in :cry:

already been there bud :D i thought you knew :blink:

already been there bud :D i thought you knew :blink::D
Guest Catcher
i think there is a couple of arguements that can be put forward by both parties...

FIRSTLY,

IMO, the average lad/lass heading out for a nights lamping is probably only running a lurcher with about 50% greyhound in it where as lads that are into daytime coursing are running dogs bred for the job...

SECONDLY,

hares are silly at the start of the season and can even run into the lad holdin the lamp (i turn my light off unless i want the meat) but when they get educated they dont hang around long... if i'm lamping a hare thats been lamped before i've found them just as hard as what they are during the daytime... especially when they realise that to be safe they only have to run out of the beam and in a big field with a dog thats maybe only half greyhound the dog is goin to find it tough goin....

just my opinion :)

Hi oldskool thanks for your input you have a few good points but what I am saying is irrespective of breed of dog or ground daytime is harder

I will say why.As you say when they get educated yes A hare will get wiser and run off the beam that also applys to daytime hares too

this happeds whit any ground that is usd on a regular basis as the hare will be more alert to scent and sound

A good lamping dog should return to the owner when the lamp is turned off.It is just about impossible to call off a daytime run aslong as the dog can see the hare most dogs will keep going and some dogs will try to work it back up when they have lost it plus in a daytime run the dog will have to work the hare up itself. the hare is not presented to the dog on a beam .