Hi All,

I am looking to buy a cocker spanial, I want (her, him) to come with me on walk up shoots and do all the things you would want from a workig dog, also I want her as a pet, now maybe you cant have both but I firstly want a home companion for us all in the family , then she could come shooting with me also, I dont go shooting all that often about about once every one or two weeks in the winter (bad weather) and about once a week in the sumer (better weather) I would wont her to come from good breed only and would like a black one, if any one could give me some info on where to start looking I would be most greatfull,

Thanks in advance for your kind replies

Bill

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a cocker spanial, I want (her, him) to come with me on walk up shoots and do all the things you would want from a workig dog, also I want her as a pet, now maybe you cant have both but I firstly want a home companion for us all in the family , then she could come shooting with me also, I dont go shooting all that often about about once every one or two weeks in the winter (bad weather) and about once a week in the sumer (better weather) I would wont her to come from good breed only and would like a black one, if any one could give me some info on where to start looking I would be most greatfull,

Bill

if your looking for a working dog then it will cost you about £1500 if you want a pup at 8 weeks then they are around £400 i got 2 cockers and had them from pups they both work and pets

Try reposting on gundog section mate ,or pm this member hes allways got some quality cockers kicking about his kennels

Withnellmoor oh and hes genuine trainer and dog man

:thumbs:

Regards Steve :thumbs:

Edited by ESS
Hi All,

Bill

Good Luck. MRD.

I was in the same boat not so long ago. took me a year before i sorted out what i wanted to do. 6 mths to find the best route and then 6 mths to find the right dog.

I looked at a part trained and full train but as i have to young lads and cockers can be a bit touchy i wasn't willing to take the risk. also a dog more so than a bitch as the bitch can be more possessive over things. this is was all information i had read and had been told to watch for by a lot of breeders, trainers and gamekeepers.

because of this i went for a pup so it can bond as a family dog and then, when the time is right, bring him on as a working dog just like you are after.

I know where there is a new little of pups, black or chocolate, 3 days old, D&DC, good honest guy with the same said for the pups. he will not allow viewing until the pups are 4 weeks old.

will need to phone the gent to find out more.

guiting power area, gloucestershire.

any good the PM me any i'll put you in touch.

best og luck

Kind regards

Phil.

I was in the same boat not so long ago. took me a year before i sorted out what i wanted to do. 6 mths to find the best route and then 6 mths to find the right dog.

I looked at a part trained and full train but as i have to young lads and cockers can be a bit touchy i wasn't willing to take the risk. also a dog more so than a bitch as the bitch can be more possessive over things. this is was all information i had read and had been told to watch for by a lot of breeders, trainers and gamekeepers.

because of this i went for a pup so it can bond as a family dog and then, when the time is right, bring him on as a working dog just like you are after.

I know where there is a new little of pups, black or chocolate, 3 days old, D&DC, good honest guy with the same said for the pups. he will not allow viewing until the pups are 4 weeks old.

will need to phone the gent to find out more.

guiting power area, gloucestershire.

any good the PM me any i'll put you in touch.

best og luck

Kind regards

Phil.

Thanks Phil, will PM you soon

Cheers Bill