Pics of my lurcher pup off wood1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pup, do you still have the wooly dog?

Na turned out to be a jacker mate. Reckon the lad who I got it off allready knew he was running it too young I think. Was pretty gutted like put alot of time into it. Thats why I am just sticking to getting pups from now on because I have learnt me lesson. No one sells good dogs at that age when they will of put time and effort and money into them.

Cheers mate

Ben :thumbs:

Shame, i know what your saying but there are some genuine people that sell older dogs that are decent dogs, but most like you say just try and ram shit into you.

Is this the only dog you have now?

Yeh mate it is the only running dog I have got at the minute, keeping my eyes open for a bull cross pup aswell. Think I might have one sorted like not 100% yet like.

I have also got two patterdale terrier pups aswell for next season to do a bit of digging.

Regards Ben.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well now that I've got the camera back (for the second time) I'll be better about posting my updates about Noose. If anyone other than Ben has a littermate, post your pics too please!

I want to express my gratitude to Wood1 for this pup, he has been such a joy to have, I could not have asked for anything better.

before he came over

post-423-1231789070.jpg

post-423-1231789090.jpg

when we first got him in January

DL000325.jpg

good feet!

IMG0660.jpg

IMG0801.jpg

his first car ride-handled it like a pro

IMG0688.jpg

eating dinner

IMG0694.jpg

his plaything Jugs - the only thing that keeps him quiet unless he is dog tired

IMG0696.jpg

playing

IMG0702.jpg

IMG0703.jpg

out for a walk

IMG0786.jpg

IMG0781-1.jpg

Some very good pics there like the one in the car :thumbs:

I was just saying to wood1 yesterday how good my bitches feet where, and how she is really quick and nippy for pup. What noose like he quick?? I was suprised how quick joop was for just 6 months. She has been a pleasure to train aswell picked everything up pretty quick. Hows noose coming along with his training??

Regards Ben

Hey, we have to start them young ;)

He is coming on so well, I couldn't be more pleased with him. And the few things that he has done wrong has been because of me. If I am busy and don't take him for a full long walk (1+ hours twice a day), we pay for it with him running circles around the house chasing a squealing dog. He'll pick whichever one that had the misfortune of being let out with him, he'll hock them or neck them, and then just rolls around on the ground thinking it's fun while his victim tries to escape, or decides to submit. The only two that he will actually leave alone are my old grump Demon or sweet little Tia. One glance from either of them and he just goes away looking sad :D Sometimes he looks like he is loping along, then then he'll pass the collie who is in full stride, he makes her look like she is standing still. But then he'll turn in front of her and drag her to the ground, poor girl! I clipped her coat the other day so now she has a better chance of getting free of his grip, he used to just grab her fur and hold on for dear life :clapper:

Working on his recall and retreive wasn't even an issue, he was just a natural. Stockbreaking was the next simplest. Other than a minor hiccup when Jugs got attacked by a gander, and she ran between Nooses legs to get away, and the gander tried to run under Noose. But Kye had him on lead so the disaster was avoided. He can walk or run past chickens, ducks, geese, cattle and now the goats. Of course I don't trust him yet fully, but he has not given me any cause to distrust him so far. As before his only real issue is the ungodly noises that escape that dogs mouth, I really should tape it so others can know what we are trying to describe! But if I keep him busy and tired before kenneling, he is perfect.

His feet are beyond awesome, good thick coat with just a bit of feathering, teeth all in and growing, so physically he is lovely. One nut isn't dropping, but nothing we can do about that. If it drops I'll be happier, but it's not the end-all.

Edited by His Wife
Hey, we have to start them young ;)

He is coming on so well, I couldn't be more pleased with him. And the few things that he has done wrong has been because of me. If I am busy and don't take him for a full long walk (1+ hours twice a day), we pay for it with him running circles around the house chasing a squealing dog. He'll pick whichever one that had the misfortune of being let out with him, he'll hock them or neck them, and then just rolls around on the ground thinking it's fun while his victim tries to escape, or decides to submit. The only two that he will actually leave alone are my old grump Demon or sweet little Tia. One glance from either of them and he just goes away looking sad :D Sometimes he looks like he is loping along, then then he'll pass the collie who is in full stride, he makes her look like she is standing still. But then he'll turn in front of her and drag her to the ground, poor girl! I clipped her coat the other day so now she has a better chance of getting free of his grip, he used to just grab her fur and hold on for dear life :clapper:

Working on his recall and retreive wasn't even an issue, he was just a natural. Stockbreaking was the next simplest. Other than a minor hiccup when Jugs got attacked by a gander, and she ran between Nooses legs to get away, and the gander tried to run under Noose. But Kye had him on lead so the disaster was avoided. He can walk or run past chickens, ducks, geese, cattle and now the goats. Of course I don't trust him yet fully, but he has not given me any cause to distrust him so far. As before his only real issue is the ungodly noises that escape that dogs mouth, I really should tape it so others can know what we are trying to describe! But if I keep him busy and tired before kenneling, he is perfect.

His feet are beyond awesome, good thick coat with just a bit of feathering, teeth all in and growing, so physically he is lovely. One nut isn't dropping, but nothing we can do about that. If it drops I'll be happier, but it's not the end-all.

Hi, I am glad to hear he is doing so well. He sounds just like Joop she like nothing more than to have a little rag of the terriers when out on walks.

Like noose she has taken to everything with ease got her stock broken early on with no trouble, recall was pretty natural. As you know had a bit of trouble with her retrieve but she is now retrieving back to hand in the back lane of my house aint took her into the field yet. I am currently working on her heel, sit, down and stay which she is picking up really well getting better everyday.

She has been a pleasure to train very good breeding I reckon :boogie:

Regards Ben

I'm 5'5" and when I let Noose out of his run he will run circles around me and will literally jump over my shoulder 3-4 times. He is so agile and quick, so when you asked about his being quick like Joop, he sure is! I had to start putting the leash on him taking him out of his run because he is frantic for the first few minutes, after he has calmed a bit and we are away from the barn I'll let him off again. He is pretty lightly built at this time, but presumably with some height he'll gain more weight too.

Is she slick-smooth, or a heavier denser coat? He is not feathered but his coat is very heavy

I'm 5'5" and when I let Noose out of his run he will run circles around me and will literally jump over my shoulder 3-4 times. He is so agile and quick, so when you asked about his being quick like Joop, he sure is! I had to start putting the leash on him taking him out of his run because he is frantic for the first few minutes, after he has calmed a bit and we are away from the barn I'll let him off again. He is pretty lightly built at this time, but presumably with some height he'll gain more weight too.

Is she slick-smooth, or a heavier denser coat? He is not feathered but his coat is very heavy

Haha just the same has his sister then

She has got a denser coat with no feathering.

regards Ben