its been a while since i posted much so iwas particulary happy with these the fox came two weeks ago waiting in line for the beaters to come down, a hare breaks cover runninbg down the fence line to the hedge in front of me , out he pops sits there wondering has my time come its your day hartley off he runs past out os sight of the other guns on his merry way, a little time later a vixen runs from further out straight across the field in front of me much as the hare had ,i thought to myself he will be off across the field now un sighted he travels down the hedge infront a bad move just as the hare had she pops out this time i cant not take her , a fine conditioned vixen tho a few teeth are gone she was in good order, yesterday was the wood cock and snipe it was my first woodcock of 09 and my first snipe for a while , the snipe ,i was walking my way round to take up my stand walking through the reeds out she flys low and jinking only time to get one off she drops a long way off ,the ald followed up with his spaniel and picked it a nice retireve ,the woodcock was flushed from a hedge while beating our way throughout it flys down and away from the guns first barrell was away off second was spot on i was over the moon with this ,i admire the woodcock as a truyl sporting quarry and have much respect for them the distance they travel and there testing ability anyway thats enough typing takes me ages cheers rob

post-54-1231676620_thumb.jpg

post-54-1231676590_thumb.jpg

post-54-1231676569_thumb.jpg

Well done Robsharpe... That's a great start for 2009. Haven't had the chance to go for the woodcocks this week-end but my friends went out on Friday and they flushed 56 of them . They came back with a superb bag of 12 birds, best day of the season so far. They were 5 guns, 3 beaters and about 5 dogs.

its been a while since i posted much so iwas particulary happy with these the fox came two weeks ago waiting in line for the beaters to come down, a hare breaks cover runninbg down the fence line to the hedge in front of me , out he pops sits there wondering has my time come its your day hartley off he runs past out os sight of the other guns on his merry way, a little time later a vixen runs from further out straight across the field in front of me much as the hare had ,i thought to myself he will be off across the field now un sighted he travels down the hedge infront a bad move just as the hare had she pops out this time i cant not take her , a fine conditioned vixen tho a few teeth are gone she was in good order, yesterday was the wood cock and snipe it was my first woodcock of 09 and my first snipe for a while , the snipe ,i was walking my way round to take up my stand walking through the reeds out she flys low and jinking only time to get one off she drops a long way off ,the ald followed up with his spaniel and picked it a nice retireve ,the woodcock was flushed from a hedge while beating our way throughout it flys down and away from the guns first barrell was away off second was spot on i was over the moon with this ,i admire the woodcock as a truyl sporting quarry and have much respect for them the distance they travel and there testing ability anyway thats enough typing takes me ages cheers rob

post-54-1231676620_thumb.jpg

post-54-1231676590_thumb.jpg

post-54-1231676569_thumb.jpg

Good pictures shot a dog fox myself last friday and missed two snipe was just out for a walk