Young shots sounds like a good idea. Experience you will be glad of and the police will like it.

yes i will shot a look on the website and give them a call, the chap i was talking about; it is his (his dads) land and they are both SGC holders they hold a little shoot at xmas every year and have clay traps (mostly what they shoot) so i will be able to go with him oh yeah and he is 17. thanks for the advice and keeping the FEO seems to be the way to go :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ellir0305, I like your enthusiasm and passion for your new potential sport, you are asking all the right questions, and dare I say it, if you asked some shooters up in your necks of the woods, can you tag along with them just to see what happens at a clay shoot or a pigoen shoot, it would be great experience for you.

There is some great advice about BASC, Mandogs suggestion of going to see that gun shop near you is an excellent one, just to what he has, you never know, you may fall in love with something in the shop.

Anyway Good Luck from me.

I don't know if these are anywhere near you, but my "Pull" magazine has a couple of Somerset clay grounds in it.

Mendip SG at Wells, 01749-673471 and Podimore SG at Ilchester, 07767-204474. The CPSA contact man for the area is Mike Cochrane, 01935-840853. A quick call to any of these could get you started. You would be surprised how many helpful shooters are out there, and willing to get youngsters on the right track.

laburnham house, is not far from cottage guns. Theres a group that meets up on a saturday morning, ring up and ask for jobey. He will sort you out with one of his guns and a few clays to hit. Wont cost much either that way you will get a feel for what its like.

Edited by mandog