Milbro catty's

:wallbash: I've came into the posession of a milbro basic catapult (with thumb print)

Anyone know where i'll get the right elastic ?

Seen 6mm elastic on Bells on Hythe which is 6mm

The holes on mine are 6mm but i need to double it up for the locating pins and it's a nightmare to get through

Been informed that the basic models used to use 3/16" can anyone shed any light on this

Would be much appreciated

:wallbash: I've came into the posession of a milbro basic catapult (with thumb print)

Anyone know where i'll get the right elastic ?

Seen 6mm elastic on Bells on Hythe which is 6mm

The holes on mine are 6mm but i need to double it up for the locating pins and it's a nightmare to get through

Been informed that the basic models used to use 3/16" can anyone shed any light on this

Would be much appreciated

Dunno why i put 6mm twice :no:

Is it the silver cast frame type with the square section bands?If it is be careful with that thumbrest.I nearly took the end of me thumb off with said catty.Betterto hold the "U" part of the frame between thumb & index finger well that's what i did till i got meself a Pro Diablo catty,oh the 80's great days..... :laugh:

Ouch thumb nail Ouch thumb nail Ouch thumb nail. :censored: created many a mischeif with one of those!

The elastic was square formation if i remember and black.

That's the very one B :clapper: I ripped my nail off & my thumb turned black,did'nt cry tho as i was with the lads down Sunderland docks whacking ferals in the old mill.Using lumps of cast iron as ammo for that "ripping affect"...certainly worked on my thumb :o:cry:

Cheers ! Only problem is the holes are 6mm and i have the locking pins for doubling up the Elastic, As i can only get 6 mm ( 12mm Once doubled up ) I can't see 12mm of Elastic goin through 6mm holes without some real persuasion :(

easy get some strong nylon or fishing gut make a loop and pass it thu the catty hole then put the elastic inside the loop and pull it back through the catty hole with the nylon/gut it will stretch and come through...

Cheers ! Only problem is the holes are 6mm and i have the locking pins for doubling up the Elastic, As i can only get 6 mm ( 12mm Once doubled up ) I can't see 12mm of Elastic goin through 6mm holes without some real persuasion :(

easy get some strong nylon or fishing gut make a loop and pass it thu the catty hole then put the elastic inside the loop and pull it back through the catty hole with the nylon/gut it will stretch and come through...

Cheers Gary ! Never thought of that, Seems to simple to be true Lol

Thanks again, Cant wait to get home from work and try it :thumbs:

:doh: ( Scratching head wondering why i never thought of that )

Cheers Gary ! Never thought of that, Seems to simple to be true Lol

Thanks again, Cant wait to get home from work and try it :thumbs:

:doh: ( Scratching head wondering why i never thought of that )

how did you get on with it [bANNED TEXT]????

• 5 months later...