Read with interest the debate relating to foxgun tom and sacs and some references to sgf events.

Firstly I agree that perhaps the content of some of sgf shows from a terrier and Lurcher point of view

were a bit lame in 2008, to this end Paddy Weaver has taken over the lurcher events and Ian Dickson

will be running most of the terrier events for all 2009 events.

Secondly with the onslaught of legislation against countrysports its sad to see country people turning on

one another surely our strength is unity.

Reiterate about events and organisations are shortsighted as behind the scenes many tens of thousands

of pounds are risked to put on such events and run organisations like sacs in this economic climate,

it means risk and using personnal securities to raise the money.

This is done to keep a heritage alive, our way of life and the freedom to pursue country pursuits

as guardians of our childrens future.

Having worked in the coal mines during the 60-80s being on the picket lines to fight for what we believed in

I look back with sadness at the industries demise, this is history & its happened in my own life time.

Individual war mongers cannot be allowed to deflect our vision this is both time wasting and playing into

the hands of the government, division within our ranks is the weakness antis are looking for.

So carry on supporting Sacs and the country sports we all love - debate is healthy but personnal ambition

and greed cannot be allowed to muddy the water and sway our ranks.

Edited by sgfer