WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK

Guest rexdigger

why didnt the idiot just keep the dog on the lead when he walked it round the pond????

he would have known the dog liked to chase the ducks before it was frozen :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First if their ice on the water my dogs stay on their leads.

And no matter how much i love my dogs (which i do)

My kids still come first.

But on saying that i would also find it very hard to live with myself afterwards.

Hopefully i will never be in that prosition.

xxxSuzy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7812546.stm

Interested in what everyones opinion is?

We all like to be sensible and know it is not a very clever thing to do but human nature kicks in, no way could i stand back and watch anyone or anything drown, i would have done the same thing but my god i would swear about it when i had recovered from the shock LOL! :)

Interesting, Micky and Maltenby and a couple of others......i tend to agree.

Its a dog not a kid!

The worst thing you can do in an emergency rescue situation is make yourself also a victim so that others may have to risk their lives to get you out......a damage limitation theory!

that said it would depend on my knowledge of teh water!

If i knew it wouldn't go over my head and that i could break the ice...i may attenpt a rescue definetly if i had a rope and someone to pull me back!

Someone on another forum pointed out he waded most of the way and broke the ice to give himself a way back and out! so perhaps he knew the water....he thought it through and minimised the risk to himself

it would be easier to tell my kids teh dog drowned than have someone else tell them their dad drowned

Guest foxyjo.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing! :hmm: My first thought was why on earth he didn't have it on a lead, but then...we all make misjudgements and wonder why afterwards!!

I know I'd be kicking off my boots, swearing and muttering about fecking dogs, before swimming out...wise or not, if there's a chance you could get to it, it would take a hard bugger to stand by and watch it drown.

I once had to get into one of the dykes on the somerset levels to put a rope round a drowning cow... entirely different situation but the talk of adeneline made me think of it!! I had quite a large adreneline rush THAT day!!! :laugh:

Whenever you do something a bit dicey, you always have to consider who might have to bail you out...but I don't think the chap with the dog had much to concern him in that quarter!! I laughed out loud when I read that she would like him there if it were one of her own dogs drowning!!! :doh: Bless...you won't be getting yer own feet wet then?!! :laugh: