as we dont have sloe berries here and my shiela keeps bragging about how good sloe gin was back in wales,well i bought her a bottle ,60 bucks (thats a bit pricey).now i wouldnt normally drink gin but this stuff was bloody terrific.i bet the home made stuff is lots better.your a lucky lot.....cheers. :drink::drink::cheers:

Guest blackntan
as we dont have sloe berries here and my shiela keeps bragging about how good sloe gin was back in wales,well i bought her a bottle ,60 bucks (thats a bit pricey).now i wouldnt normally drink gin but this stuff was bloody terrific.i bet the home made stuff is lots better.your a lucky lot.....cheers. :drink::drink::cheers:
FOOOK THE SLOE GIN WERE DO I GET A PAIR OF THEM PUPPYS

Ive a bottle of sloe gin here i made back in late october.Sloes were hard to find this year and i had to use lots of smaller harder sloes,but having sampled it over Christmas i can tell you its the best i've had. :thumbs:

Should be even better by next Christmas (if it lasts that long!)

Don't suppose you could get a few seeds sent over to you, with Australia's customs and all...? Would be worth a try though if you really want sloes.

I'll send you over some seeds if you like, in an airtight packet, and you can grow some trees yourself!

yes i do like those puppies,a friend sent them to me ,not sure where he got em,a bit beagle,y i thought ,and i love beagles nearly as much. you,ll all probably laugh but whats limoncello,cheers.

Limoncello is vodka based (or gin) . Sugar and water and juice of lemons,boiled for 10 min. Zest of lemons added,and vodka.In a bottle for 10 days then strain and drink neat or with mixer.

bingo,,,,found some sloe plants to buy ,not sure how many berries will need but will get myself 3 plants for now ,,guess i will need to wait a couple of years for berries,cheers.

lol...i doubt if the "plants" will produce any fruit for at least a decade...... :gunsmilie: