Can a quad fit into king cab or extra cab pick-up?

Now all quads are are the same width or length. If you know the make and model that would be a help to try and get some info. The other thing to think of is of it has any custom bits on it, I fitted a rifle carrier to one of mine and came close to having it ripped off in a tight spot :thumbs:

Now all quads are are the same width or length. If you know the make and model that would be a help to try and get some info. The other thing to think of is of it has any custom bits on it, I fitted a rifle carrier to one of mine and came close to having it ripped off in a tight spot :thumbs:

Most quads will fit in width wise, well honda and yamaha anyway, but from what I can understand only a single cabber will fully accomodate a bike.

I have been googling like mad you see, and it seems that the hilux extra cab is just to short to fit most bikes in, even the wee suzuki ones are too long but only by 7 centimeters, so it looks like im going to have to get a single cab, which is a shame as the back seats would have been handy.

If anyone has any other answers or info, will be much apperciated.

Cheers

DnN

more like get a double cab and a quad trailor

I use a ex army sankey trailer to move quads load by ramps and have two small wood platforms to allow bike to sit over wheel arch honda big red and kawaski both snug fit trailer bed size 4ft 4in Wx 6ft L SORRY IT'S IN OLD MONEY.

Trailer not an option for me. quad MUST go into the back, and the back MUST be closeable.

If anyone has any experience of a quad going into a king cab or extra-cab size pick up i would be very grateful.

But looks as though im getting a single cab, oh well! Cheers all

DnN

well, dont go all american and sue me if im not :tongue2:

i looked at all the above combinations for various reason and all would fit. most king cabs are actually longer than both the normal pick up and the double cabs, this gives the extra room.

i ended up with a defender hi-cap, which i think you could park a bus in!!

i do know someone who has a hinged (fom the side) ivor willams canopy on a new nissan king cab (looks like the old version but i new, called a d300 or something) he parks his quad (old honda 500 hydro) in and then hinges the canopy back over, all fots very snuga nd you wouldnt even thinks theres a quad in there.

well, dont go all american and sue me if im not :tongue2:

i looked at all the above combinations for various reason and all would fit. most king cabs are actually longer than both the normal pick up and the double cabs, this gives the extra room.

i ended up with a defender hi-cap, which i think you could park a bus in!!

i do know someone who has a hinged (fom the side) ivor willams canopy on a new nissan king cab (looks like the old version but i new, called a d300 or something) he parks his quad (old honda 500 hydro) in and then hinges the canopy back over, all fots very snuga nd you wouldnt even thinks theres a quad in there.

That combo sounds good, and I would also be getting a canopy for the back! Thanks again...........you wouldnt know about the toyota extra cab, im guessing their going to have similar dimensions to the other king cab types. But they do more miles per gallon than the nissan or mitsubishi pick ups and I cover some ground!!

I like those defenders nice vehicles.