Daihatsu Terios 1.3 ??

A friend of mine is very keen on buying a 4x4 Daihatsu Terios jeep, Does anyone have any experience of these vehicles ? I assume that they are similar in capability to the Suzuki Jimny's ?

He does a bit of ferreting, a rough shooting. And wants one of these just to get to and from his grounds. There is no need for anything bigger, more elaborate, or more capable off road as most of the ground is really just a few small wooded tracks in and around gentle farmland. If anyone has experience of these vehicles, it would be appreciated.

Edited by devonlad

I reckon they are underpowered for the size of them and what they are intended for.

Fuel economy don't expect more than 35mpg from either engine, and 30-32mpg with the auto box.the ride can be uncomfortable on uneven road surfaces,plus the Insurance is pricey.

all in all just sounds like the old fiat panda 4x4 lol :clapper: :clapper:

A friend of mine is very keen on buying a 4x4 Daihatsu Terios jeep, Does anyone have any experience of these vehicles ? I assume that they are similar in capability to the Suzuki Jimny's ?

He does a bit of ferreting, a rough shooting. And wants one of these just to get to and from his grounds. There is no need for anything bigger, more elaborate, or more capable off road as most of the ground is really just a few small wooded tracks in and around gentle farmland. If anyone has experience of these vehicles, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the honest reply, it was my feeling that they were a little underpowered, the fuel consumption is also poor by the look of things ! I think he was told he would get 45.. which is a big difference !!

Does anyone have any suggestions for other small 4x4's that might be worth considering, and would be an improvement of the lack lustre stat's for the Terios ??

Thanks for the honest reply, it was my feeling that they were a little underpowered, the fuel consumption is also poor by the look of things ! I think he was told he would get 45.. which is a big difference !!

Does anyone have any suggestions for other small 4x4's that might be worth considering, and would be an improvement of the lack lustre stat's for the Terios ??

Get a Jimny mate, not much room in the back but go anywhere and 30+ mpg and fairly cheap isurance, £115 a year to tax and cheap to maintain plus very reliable. HTH. Cheers, D.

good old vitara :clapper: