Verdict, broken back,

had misty my lurcher bitch at the vets just before Xmas, she had taken a nasty tumble when she went out of the beam while coursing a rabbit out lamping, she has broken a vertebre in her back just above the tail, an inch further and she would have been paralysed, there is some paralysis above the tail and the vet reckons she will have to lose half if not all of the tail, shes on tablets at the moment and is running around as if shes fine, shes back to the vet on tuesday to see how shes progressed, he says he sees no reason why she cant make a full recovery and run again, minus her tail :( well i,ll let yous know what happens on tuesday ;) cheers,

Guest mickyrichardson
had misty my lurcher bitch at the vets just before Xmas, she had taken a nasty tumble when she went out of the beam while coursing a rabbit out lamping, she has broken a vertebre in her back just above the tail, an inch further and she would have been paralysed, there is some paralysis above the tail and the vet reckons she will have to lose half if not all of the tail, shes on tablets at the moment and is running around as if shes fine, shes back to the vet on tuesday to see how shes progressed, he says he sees no reason why she cant make a full recovery and run again, minus her tail :( well i,ll let yous know what happens on tuesday ;) cheers,
fingers crossed for you mate ;)
I am sure she will be fine Martin, thats a very good vet thats treating her.

Hers a pic of the bitch just after the bang.

Lets hope he has better noews on Tuesday for you ;)

:) i cant believe how much misty has come on since last week, shes running around at full pelt up and down the garden! i had to shout to stop her as i am afraid she,ll hurt herself before she has a chance to heal, but i tell you what, it a sight for sore eyes to see her move so fast i couldnt believe it :) i dont care if she has to lose the tail, i hope she dosent but once she,s running again thets enough for me, thanks again lads for all the messages :clapper::clapper: will let you know how she gets on this tuesday ;)