Sailsbury Plain

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bran was up there today mate got there about ten had 4 runs by 1.30 an killed 3 2/2 for my mate an i missed the first but killed the second all grass,blinding run though on the heli pad,shooter i go on westbury an warminster side quite abit from shrewton onwards not as good runing though

Guest lurcherboy2008
its 125,000 acres of milatry training area in wilts and yes its near imposible to get permits here, but as socks sed probly the best hunting area in britan,

is it anywhere near chippenham? when i was alot younger my father had permission there in sailsbury it was hares and deer everywher mutjak i think they were and plenty of fox earths around had a few bunnies there i think i may have some pics ill look later, then up the road a bit is a big mountain or a hill you could call it alot of walkers walk it and horse riders plenty of foxes and deer on there too

Guest lurcherboy2008
not realy near chippenhan the closest part of the plain to there is probably warminsterme thinks mate, loads of foxes i agree and plenty of deer yes, if you no where to look there is a few quids worth out there, :big_boss:

do you know what mountain/hill i mean mate?? i think its common land all on he 1 side of it and when you reach the top it drops down into a valley ful of massive fields and a wood or too, speaking to my father last night said we seen alot of muntjak when we went there he hasn't been to the farm he has permission on for a few years now hes forgot where it is, how far is it off the m4 motorway chippenham junction mate i think we travelled atleast 30 mins from there to get to it? through a few towns and that

Guest lurcherboy2008
lurcherboy do you mean battlesbury hill? shooter im down in warminster from sunday onwards, i got a couple of ferrets if you fancy a trip out some time mate.

no idea mare havent been there in years but on the way to it theres fields everywhere massive fields lovley running fields then the hill straight infront walk up to the top and then ita a valley the other side with fields theyre huge too its a public footpath seen a shit load of walkers and horse riders when i was there all friendly and didnt mind seeing the terrier do a bit of hunting on the way up the hill also didn't have any trouble off any police there

Guest night time my time

oused to hunt it with a mate tha lived there a lot, long as the red flag arnt flying the deer were dieing, few lads out of froom and warminster i know used to take a lot of row off there aswell, suicidal deer there,used to look at the dogs and wait to die,meny nights round the camp fire stewing up a leg of row and drinking cider not so long ago,happy days,