Remote spot lights

I am in the market for a decent lamp that will operate remotely from inside the vehicle.

I know that the Lightforce Remote Control Handles seem to be the popular choice to fix a lamp of your choice to.

But they are a bit overpriced in my eyes. £73.95 From here, quite close to me

But then by the time you get a decent lamp to use with it like the Lightforce - Blitz or similar what sells for about £103.95

Your spending £178 quid or there about.

So I have been looking at alternatives.

I have seen a few on fleabay

THIS ONE HERE seems to appeal to me but there is only +/- 28 degree up / down movement !!

I am putting it on a white vehicle so it would look OK.

Then if you want to spend a bomb These are for sale HERE

And the budget models like THIS ONE or THIS ONE might be crap.

The marine type must be quite robust to withstand weather conditions and I "might" be able to modify the up down movement ?

What do you's think ?

Cheers

roto light might be ok for rabbits , but for anything else is slow to pan and in some cases i've heard the housing melt due to the light being held on too long,

;)

Funny enough I asked the marine guy who is selling THESE TYPE about the time they are on and do the generate heat that will damage the housing or the wires to the lamp.

He said no way ! These lamps can be used more or less constant to assist boat navigation in the hours of dark.

Actually I have had one of These lamps delivered today, I struck a deal with the seller.

I have tried it and to be honest I can say "wow", what a beam, search or spot. Comes with a switch to change from spot to search.

they are a sealed beam lamp but made to withstand the weather.

Well its on the vehicle now and I am out on Friday night so I will see what it preforms like then.

Looks well mind.

Better than the Lightforce Remote Control Handles and lamp.

I will tell you if there is any problems.

But I can not see it as they are made great, Oh and the up / down tilt. thats bollocks ! he said 28% is it shit ! It moves to the max.

It lamps stars to bonnet so thats just fine.

Cheers

I have been out for an hour to try the lamp

This lamp here. I fitted it no problems at all.

The up down movement is a bit on the stiff side until it slackens off a little. ( the newness thats all ). Right you get 2 beams search and spot that works fine off the switch they supply with the lamp.

To sum up its performance I would say its right there with the top leading hunting brand lamps.

The light is very powerful on spot mode it gives Cristal clear view of stuff way way outside the range you would shoot at.

The only fault I would say "if it is a fault" is the lamp rotates 340 degrees as opposed to 360 degrees so you cant point the lamp totally to the rear for when its not in use.

You could maybe remove the stop inside the lamp but I did not.

So now I reckon I need a cover for the not in use times.

Its 6 1/2 inches across so its an oddball size to get a cover, might have to use a shower cap type cover made in white shower curtain. :tongue2:

The remote handle is designed good and easy to rotate left and right ( like I say the up down is a little stiff as its new but it works fine )

To sum it up I will say one of the best lamps I have ever had in 25 years.

I got it for £75 delivered to my door.

Thanks

Well i have had a rotolight and they are far to slow for foxing in my opinion,plus the beam wasnt great,i personaly would opt for the lightforce gear although expensive they are faster to keep on target

The one I have acquired is not the "remote control" type like a telly remote as to speak.

It has a handle that comes inside the cab like the lightforce handle.

I have just been out again tonight.

Its free now and moves much much smoother and to top it off it now faces directly back.

Don't ask me how it just happened when my pal was watching me back down a track

( I think he passed the little plastic stop inside the base. :clapper:

So it moves up down from bonnet to stars, and 360 degrees.( i will have to remember what direction to turn it when I begin lamping so

I do not keep turning it round and round to maybe pull on the wires.

It moves as quick as you can move your hand really, I can not say its slow for any quarry.

But I really love the spot beam its mint.

Cheers

ive got one its cant really fault it for genrall spotting but tend to use the blitz once found the game as it can be a bit tricky if the vehicle is still moving and your driving/controlling the remote at the same time i cant use mine now as i have a full rack on my defender .

in genral there ok i got mine mail order from the countrymans for 59 pound it was cheapest place i found