BBC Sports Personality Of The Year 2008

MARK CAVENDISH won 4 stages of tour de france , no other britain has done that and he wasnt in the top 10, what a joke , probably the tougest most demandin sportin event of the year bar none, maybe im biased but what hoy achieved was special but not in the same league as CAVENDISHS achievment.

He is destined for greater rewards :thumbs:

HOPE YOUR RIGHT AL.

MARK CAVENDISH won 4 stages of tour de france , no other britain has done that and he wasnt in the top 10, what a joke , probably the tougest most demandin sportin event of the year bar none, maybe im biased but what hoy achieved was special but not in the same league as CAVENDISHS achievment.

He is destined for greater rewards :thumbs:

HOPE YOUR RIGHT AL.

he has the commitment and focus that has been missing in UK sport of late. I had the pleasure of working with a young lad who was destined for "Le Tour" some years back, I was into athletic and we would meet up "on the road" occasionally, one Friday night I was on the road warming up for a race and he came along, we had a bit of banter and away we both went, out running on a road on the Sunday, he was coming down in the opposite direction, head down, going for it :thumbs: , a car had stopped in front of him to check directions............game over...............he had the same comittment :thumbs:

Are you having a laugh mate? Cavendish did well winning the sprints but sprinters never win the tour,they only win stages on the flat.Chris Hoy is the most succesful track cyclist in history.Well done Chris Hoy

cavendish should of stayed on the tour and he would of won the final stage on the arc de triomphe.he was too tired for the olympcs after giving his lot to win 4 stages.cannot wait to see him in the tour again next year. :notworthy::notworthy:

Are you having a laugh mate? Cavendish did well winning the sprints but sprinters never win the tour,they only win stages on the flat.Chris Hoy is the most succesful track cyclist in history.Well done Chris Hoy

your not very clued up mate "only won stages on the flat" you make it sound easy, he is recognised by his fellow cyclists as the fastest man in the world , the tour is the ultimate in cycling not the olympics so to win A STAGE is worthy of at least a mention but to win 4 STAGES and not be in the top 10 is a joke , hoy was worthy to take the peoples vote and win and he comes across as a real worthy winner no big time charlie , but it doesnt take away the achievments of cavendish, he at least should of been considered in the top 10, unless maybe the judges think cause he only won on the flat it wasnt such an achievment.
Guest blackntan

your not very clued up mate "only won stages on the flat" you make it sound easy, he is recognised by his fellow cyclists as the fastest man in the world , the tour is the ultimate in cycling not the olympics so to win A STAGE is worthy of at least a mention but to win 4 STAGES and not be in the top 10 is a joke , hoy was worthy to take the peoples vote and win and he comes across as a real worthy winner no big time charlie , but it doesnt take away the achievments of cavendish, he at least should of been considered in the top 10, unless maybe the judges think cause he only won on the flat it wasnt such an achievment.

IVE HEARD YOU RODE A FEW BIKES IN YOUR DAY :tongue2:

oh i , old penny was a good ride ............. the old penny farthin i mean :thumbs:

Guest blackntan

oh i , old penny was a good ride ............. the old penny farthin i mean :thumbs:

MUST HAVE KILLED YOUR ARSE ON THEM COBBLES HAROLD :laugh:

MUST HAVE KILLED YOUR ARSE ON THEM COBBLES HAROLD :laugh:

not half, and when me mam wanted me in for me tea she would shout "OOOHHHHH HAAARRRROOOLLLDDD" .

I never tried to make light of what Cavendish achieved mate,he did brilliantly and yes he should of been recognised for his 4 stage wins,but i just think Hoys achievements at the Olympics were at another level.As i tried to explain, winning sprints on the flatter stages of the tour means nothing in the battle for the yellow jersey.The Irish tour veteran Sean Kelly was a great sprinter and won the green jersey on more than one occasion,but he wont be remembered in the same way as his countryman Stephen Roche.The tour lost all credibility once the drugs scandals started in the early nineties,and every winner lately seems to have dabbled.As for me trying to make it sound easy,well having done a bit when i was younger (57.53 for the 25 mile tt) i know just how dedicated any tour rider needs to be.Bill :thumbs:

I never tried to make light of what Cavendish achieved mate,he did brilliantly and yes he should of been recognised for his 4 stage wins,but i just think Hoys achievements at the Olympics were at another level.As i tried to explain, winning sprints on the flatter stages of the tour means nothing in the battle for the yellow jersey.The Irish tour veteran Sean Kelly was a great sprinter and won the green jersey on more than one occasion,but he wont be remembered in the same way as his countryman Stephen Roche.The tour lost all credibility once the drugs scandals started in the early nineties,and every winner lately seems to have dabbled.As for me trying to make it sound easy,well having done a bit when i was younger (57.53 for the 25 mile tt) i know just how dedicated any tour rider needs to be.Bill :thumbs:

im probably biased bill cause he is a fellow manxman,id struggle to do 57.53 for 25 mile in a car mate ;) .