Boar shooting on the continent

Hi all, i' thinking about planning to go Driven Boar shooting on the continent, can anyone recommend a good agent who will not just take my money and show me some nice scenery.

Where are the best places to go? Poland, France ? and what price should i aim to pay?

can you guys (and gals) share past experiences. any chance of some pics?

Cheers All :)

Hi all, i' thinking about planning to go Driven Boar shooting on the continent, can anyone recommend a good agent who will not just take my money and show me some nice scenery.

Where are the best places to go? Poland, France ? and what price should i aim to pay?

can you guys (and gals) share past experiences. any chance of some pics?

Cheers All :)

These people are very good.......try here and you can tell them that Farlap recommended them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Try Tomo Svetic at Artemis hunting.

We had three days in Croatia on unfenced land and shot 30 boar.

Just working on a supply contract at the moment and they have offered to throw in a trip with these fellas. http://www.gama-lov.hr/ I don't know anything about them but it may be worth a look!

Gama-lov is small fenced area with high prices. If you want to shoot in a pen good, if not, try Artemis Hunting.

He is the best in Croatia so far. It is always better to go with someone registered in the EU than in Croatia if anything goes wrong ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good experience with Diana Hunting Tours (do a google). My trip was to Estonia after mainly elk (moose), but boar were thrown in as well. I shot a bache the size of a sofa. They grow 'em big in Estonia. Unfortunately the moose eluded me.

I had a good experience with Diana Hunting Tours (do a google). My trip was to Estonia after mainly elk (moose), but boar were thrown in as well. I shot a bache the size of a sofa. They grow 'em big in Estonia. Unfortunately the moose eluded me.

But Diana went bust last Autumn of 2008. Boar in Estonia are heavier than some other Eastern European countries because the feeding is better and the population is lower. Many boar in France are in fenced areas and the cost can be quite high when you add everything up. Bag records mean nothing unless previous posters say how many shooters were in the group and how many days they went shooting. So saying "we shot 30 last time we went" etc. etc. does not give a meaningful indication without number of guns and number of days.

But Diana went bust last Autumn of 2008. Boar in Estonia are heavier than some other Eastern European countries because the feeding is better and the population is lower. Many boar in France are in fenced areas and the cost can be quite high when you add everything up. Bag records mean nothing unless previous posters say how many shooters were in the group and how many days they went shooting. So saying "we shot 30 last time we went" etc. etc. does not give a meaningful indication without number of guns and number of days.

Yes, you're right, I didn't find that out until after I'd posted the recommendation. I'll have to remember to a google of my own before I post advice like that in future. According to the blurb though, the guy that originally formed the company has bought it back off the recently defunct ownership.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, you're right, I didn't find that out until after I'd posted the recommendation. I'll have to remember to a google of my own before I post advice like that in future. According to the blurb though, the guy that originally formed the company has bought it back off the recently defunct ownership.

The name Diana is bought by South African outfitter but that's all. Diana was very disappointing experience for many at the end.

It is difficult to operate hunts in many countries and that's why I use agencies with personal touch and expertise.

Mylla- Norway http://mylla.no/ this guy uses Artemis's service in Croatia as many other outfitters

Artemis Hunting - Croatia http://www.artemis-hunting.com/ Specialized for Croatia and so far the most reputable one worldwide. He is well know in USA as well as in the EU.

Lasarotta - Serbia http://www.lasarotta.co.uk/ this agent is specialized for hunts in fenced grounds. He is Serbian and the best there (very expensive) and in Croatia he uses Artemis's service.

Shakawa safaris – SA http://www.shakawasafaris.com/ One of the best so far for me.