boilies

Made my own boilies for more years than i care to mention, DON'T BOTHER...buy nash nutrabaits dynamite etc..yes they are expensive, but you are buying confidence in a bag,

To make your own costs a bomb to start with..( rolling tables bait guns, different nozzles to vary boilie size)

then you have all the seperate powders..whey proteins, fish meals, milk powders, semolena, ect ect + eggs + all the flavours, pills n potions...

Best thing i ever did was ditch the bait making game...

i am after some bolie recipes

any idea :)

Theres plenty of quality readymades availible from the shops if you dont mind paying the price. But if you want to make your own the simplist is 4 oz semolina 4oz soya flour A couple of eggs plus the flavour of your choice. Its winter so about 5 mil. thats about a tea spoon full. And a sweetner. Its a good basic base mix that you can add other things to eg fish meals or bird food aswell

I like to make all my own boilies and for me its part of my fishing. its a good way of keeping one step ahead of the other anglers on whats being used, become a trend setter. Better to be the shephard than a sheep :good:

Edited by mole catcher
i am after some bolie recipes

any idea :)

4oz soya flour, 4oz semolina, 4 oz of either fishmeal, trout pellet powder, or a softbill birdfood such as nectar blend or CeDe, 2oz of whole wheat flour, 1oz of spice powder such as tikka masala or Garlic and Coriander or any packet curry type powder that takes your fancy from the supermarket.

Measure out the powders you decide on from the above list.

Mix them together well

Whisk 4 eggs and add podwer gradually to the eggs until you achieve the desired consistency to roll into boilies.

14mm boil for 90sec

16mm 120sec

18mm 150sec

Allow to cool and dry in a carp sack for about 4/5 hours then bag and freeze.

If you really want to add chemical flavours then put half the recommended dosage as stated on the bottle over the finished bait in a polythene bag before freezing and give then a good shake to ensure all baits have some flavour on them. The boilies will suck this surface flavour in as thet defrost when you come to use them.

I rarely use artifical flavours and prefer to have the flavour signal in my bait from a natural source, in this case, the spices.

This simple mix is tried and tested!

Give it a go.

Moocher