First Shotgun Tips???

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

im looking into my first shot gun im in the process of getting my liecence just wondering what people think is a good starters gun.

just looking for a cheep single barrel maybe a double at right price. what would people advise????

w/h

if its a good hardy working gun youre after get a baikal o/u, they seem to be indestructible ( at least mine is :D ) have a look on guntrader you might find some on there but it depends what you want to spend. imho it doesnt matter if you pay £100 or £1000 if you dont point the thing the right way you wont hit anything.

i would go for a baikal or a lamber.do not bother with a single you allways wish you had a second barrel when you miss :D what do you intend to use it for ie rough shooting or clays .and have you got someone to show you about gun handling and safety issues .time spent now looking at gun prices ie new to seconhand some bargains about.and are you buying private or shop .just take your time and do not rush into it. all the best

Hi there

There are some older Baikals (the original batch not the new remington owned ones). Mine had a black action with a capercaillie on one side and a pheasant on the other. 12g O/U double trigger auto safety ejector. Best gun I ever had, foolishly traded it in for an upgrade instead of getting the ejectors repaired when they were a bit worn.

I suspect you could ge one for £100-£200 depending on condition.

It was a heavy gun but not too heavy. It had a deep profile like a browning or like the new lanbers and it suited me very well.

See if you can go to a clay ground and try out a few different styled guns with a few shots each to get the right style that suits you!

Good luck

Hi there

There are some older Baikals (the original batch not the new remington owned ones). Mine had a black action with a capercaillie on one side and a pheasant on the other. 12g O/U double trigger auto safety ejector. Best gun I ever had, foolishly traded it in for an upgrade instead of getting the ejectors repaired when they were a bit worn.

I suspect you could ge one for £100-£200 depending on condition.

It was a heavy gun but not too heavy. It had a deep profile like a browning or like the new lanbers and it suited me very well.

See if you can go to a clay ground and try out a few different styled guns with a few shots each to get the right style that suits you!

Good luck

got to agree pop along to a local clay shoot have chat see if they can arrange a few guns to try always best to get a second hand lots of good guns out there that people want to sell always try before you buy good luck

Don't bother with single barrel - first outing you will wish you had a second! Make sure you get an ejector too - first time the shooting gets exciting you will be cussing as you fumble to change the carts! Good time to buy, dealers will probably be gagging for a sale!

Good luck!