Tikka T3 / Sako 85

Build quality wise the sako wins hands down, the tikka t3 is made to a budget, however both rifles use the very same barrels, neither will come screw cut but this isn't a big job......If you can afford the sako go for it......take a look at both in the flesh and you will see the difference...... :gunsmilie:

good luck.

The Tikkas are now coming s/c in the UK, they're ordering the MT variant with the short barrel, but in true style GMK don't know they're doing this!

Beware the cut though, IIRC it's M14x1 not 1/2UNF so you have to get a mod with the right thread. Possible yes, and you might get lucky with stock, but likely it'll be an order-it-in job.

Edited by Mr_Logic
Build quality wise the sako wins hands down, the tikka t3 is made to a budget, however both rifles use the very same barrels, neither will come screw cut but this isn't a big job......If you can afford the sako go for it......take a look at both in the flesh and you will see the difference...... :gunsmilie:

good luck.

Exactly

yep, the Sako is definitely worth having. Build quality is better, it's properly made, with different action lengths and far fewer cut corners. They feel solid and reliable. Tikkas shoot straight, handle well and have decent triggers, but they do feel cheap.

CZ provides the quality feel of Sako for less money, but they're not as nice.

SS my Tikka in .243 came screw cut, last November.has this now changed ?

The Tikkas are now coming s/c in the UK, they're ordering the MT variant with the short barrel, but in true style GMK don't know they're doing this!

Beware the cut though, IIRC it's M14x1 not 1/2UNF so you have to get a mod with the right thread. Possible yes, and you might get lucky with stock, but likely it'll be an order-it-in job.

Never saw any screw cut tikkas this side of the water yet, haven't seen a book onthem in a while........

The action on the tikka is made also to suit all the calibres within the spec, And spacers are used, another cost cutting measure,

They are accurate, but quality will out, things for each calibre are exactly for that calibre and nothing else in the sako, this is what you pay the extra bucks for.............. ;)

Tikka and Sako come screw cut in certain models.

The thread is dependant on the barrel diameter.

I have various metric moderators, just state the thread when you buy them them, no need for adapters.

I went for the Sako as the build quality was what I was after on a gun I intend to keep for many years.