piking in wales (bala)

hello fellas just wondering have any of u ever fished this lake? i have personally fished it a few times and on my first trip i caught a 20 and a 15 :yes: that was the best piking day i have ever experianced :yes: and i was just wondering if any one elsed has fished it and caught? :clapping:

hello fellas just wondering have any of u ever fished this lake? i have personally fished it a few times and on my first trip i caught a 20 and a 15 :yes: that was the best piking day i have ever experianced :yes: and i was just wondering if any one elsed has fished it and caught? :clapping:

yes ive fished it a few times best i've had is a 18 , spoke with some divers once who said there are some really large pike in there

• 6 months later...
Guest hairysausagefingers

Took my boat out on it twice. One dropped run on herring the first time and my mate took one about 10lbs whilst we'd moored up at the South end and were eating lunch. That bait was about 30' down.

I get the impression that you have to go deep in Bala. It shelves off like you wouldn't believe. We were off the sounder most of the time (120' range)

Deadbaits at night will take large eels, and ...... locals tell of a monster lurking in the depths.

Cracking grayling in the river where the dee exits the lake.

Guest hairysausagefingers

We caught at the other end (South I think?). I know what you mean it just shelves off ever so slowly down at the town end. The rest of it seems pretty deep. A couple of small ledges then sails away to the depths.

I remember catching some small perch near the bridge at the town end. God, but did they scrap well!

Bala Anglers do a day ticket on the river for a couple of miles downstream (from Post Office). Well worth a leaded bug on a floating line for those big grayling at this time of year. They go 2.5 to 3lbs easy. Best grayling fishing I've ever had.

Get a fly rod if you've not tried it.

never tryed muff chukin lol but i think i would like to try it afer all the posative comments ive herd about it lol, i no were the bridge is its was full of weeds though [bANNED TEXT] i seen it lol, never been on the other bank exept for the south end but never had any luck at that end :unsure: deffently goingto go again though ;)B)