yapping pup what can i do to shut him up

Guest Hob__ferret

Guest Hob__ferret

right people i have a 7 month saluki grey pup and he is yapping every time i go out lamping with my big dog he lives in the same kennel/run as the older dog but every time i take the big dog out of the run he yappes the street down and the nabers dont seem inpressed with him i dont want to get rid of him but if it dont stop he will have to go so can any one help me out with this problem i have tryed the water treatment but stops him for 10 mins then he is yapping agane tryed a radio left on in his run but no joy and tryed a cheep electric caller but no joy also. so dose any one no what i can do also i am getting some split steel runs this month to split them up and see if this sorts it out so any one no what i can do to stop it

Edited by Hob__ferret

Guest Hob__ferret
Need a third dog, on to keep him company,can he go with you to watch and learn? Go in the house while your away?
i was thinking of getting a therd dog but would like it to be in a seprate run also as when pups older he will be out working with my older dog ans that means the over dog left by its self if you get what i mean

The meaty bones it is a good idea. Maybe you could spend time getting him use to being on his own. Take the older dog out for short length of time to start with and give the pup something to amuse himself with? Do it a few times a day so the pup gets use to being on his own. My dogs live in the house and some of the rescues suffered from seperation anxiety. To get them over it I would go out for short time and increase the time as the dog learned to cope. I wouldn't use a shock collar becaue the dog is stressed and all the collar does is suppress the dogs fear, so it is double stressed if that makes sense.

try giveing it a meat bone just has your going out :thumbs:

Don't give the dog treats or fuss it just as you're going out!....That's a sure way to make things worse imo.

I give my lot a treat when I go out and there isn't a sound out of them. I agree not to fuss him but my lot associate me going out with something nice so are happy to see me leave. :D

Put it in the house when you go out, ive had this prob when you have two dogs. I like to run one

dog on its own, and once they both know what lamping is, they will feckin sing if you leave one

behind. :thumbdown: . Its better to have it in the house, than feckin yaping at 2am when you get

in :whistling:

right people i have a 7 month saluki grey pup and he is yapping every time i go out lamping with my big dog he lives in the same kennel/run as the older dog but every time i take the big dog out of the run he yappes the street down and the nabers dont seem inpressed with him i dont want to get rid of him but if it dont stop he will have to go so can any one help me out with this problem i have tryed the water treatment but stops him for 10 mins then he is yapping agane tryed a radio left on in his run but no joy and tryed a cheep electric caller but no joy also. so dose any one no what i can do also i am getting some split steel runs this month to split them up and see if this sorts it out so any one no what i can do to stop it

Are you talking about the pup you got off me lee?