12 gage to 410 adapter

hi

i have herd that you can get a adapter that you can put in to a 12 bore so you can shoot 410 carts

out of it is this true? :hmm:

If so this will be good as i dont want to pay over £200 for a 410 shotgun when i will only use it now and then for rats and ferrels. :gunsmilie:

and if you have some what are thay like?

how much is a set?

If you can help that would good thanks :thumbs:

With all due respect.....why not just buy a cheap .410?

My single shot .410 cost me £95 brand new!

you can pick up second hand ones for half that or less......

and it wouldn't be as cumbersome as a 12gauge with a converter?

Here's my little .410.....bought some more cartridges today and am planning a lamping trip after some bunnies this friday with it! i thought about selling this gun....but to be honest i now think everyone should have a .410 in their cabinet besides what ever else they own!

DSCF2371.jpg

edited to add another pic

DSCF1994.jpg

Edited by COMPO

:no: :no:

Dont bother mate, whats the point of firing an 18 gram load of shot out of a gun that is designed for 30, and having a bad pattern to go with it? While all the time it is costing you more to buy the shells?

Seems like a bit of a non-entity to me. I did consider them myself once, but unless you are talking of the whole inner tubes which fit all the way along a 12 bore barrel, such as those with the Krieghoff K-80, you're wasting your time.

A set of entire length tubes are going to cost you hundreds, and thats if you can find ones that will fit your gun.

A set of the Chamber tubes, which slip into the chamber and enable you to fire the .410 shells, are about £35-40 each and for that, I would buy a Second hand Baikal Single Barrel for £65-70.

JMHO.

SS :thumbs:

Here's my little .410.....bought some more cartridges today and am planning a lamping trip after some bunnies this friday with it! i thought about selling this gun....but to be honest i now think everyone should have a .410 in their cabinet besides what ever else they own!

DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

hi nice shooting

is the 410 bakal only £95 new then?

DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

hi nice shooting

is the 410 bakal only £95 new then?

Mine was when i bought it about 2 or 3 years ago, i think they are about 20quid dearer now, mine has a 26 inch barrel, i dont know if the others have a longer barrel?

its a great small gun, in pieces it would fit in a rucksack ;) and is very light and easy to carry/use

cool i want one :clapper:

Nearest new one i could find to you! on guntrader, but the link doesn't go direct to the gun! so i copied and pasted it here

Seller DetailsNick And Conrad Cross - Bate & Cross - 4 North Western Arcade, Corporation Street, Birmingham, West Midlands. B2 5LHTel: 0121-236 7451, Fax: 0121-236 2360Gun Details[This gun was for sale as of 15:13, 24 Nov 08]Baikal 410 gauge 18 Single Barrel new Shotgun (R/H), £115 @ US$177

Licence: Shotgun

Trigger: Single Trigger, Serial #: 06067644Descriptiongreat little starter gun 3"chamber .410 super for vermin control or rough shooting for only £115 Great little gun for shooting in around farm buildings. would be great for a beginnerGun Photos

Its in Birmingham not far from the train station, i know your in Herts, you could get the train from Watford to Birmingham new street and the gunshop is only a few hundred yards from the train station according to the map! just make sure you took a gunslip with you!

My local Gunshop in Bletchley has them at £165 and states synthetic (i presume thats the stock and foreend instead of wood)

Or ring round your local shops and ask

Have a look on Guntrader there are a fair few second hand 410's of various make,(some in herts) but i do like my Baikal!

Edited by COMPO