what do you think of the first shot taken ?

Guest JohnGalway

Guides fault, encouraging the lad to take a shot on a running deer. Wouldn't agree with it myself, too much to go wrong, you're not thinking about backstop, you're not going to get the best accuracy to be as humane to the animal as possible. Shouldn't have been done but people do stupid stuff.

The more I see of it the less I like sites such as YouTube. It encourages five minutes of fame for the lowest common denominator.

• 2 weeks later...
Guides fault, encouraging the lad to take a shot on a running deer. Wouldn't agree with it myself, too much to go wrong, you're not thinking about backstop, you're not going to get the best accuracy to be as humane to the animal as possible. Shouldn't have been done but people do stupid stuff.

The more I see of it the less I like sites such as YouTube. It encourages five minutes of fame for the lowest common denominator.

Yep, I think I would have to agree with all of that! All my stalking is paid for (as I am not lucky enough to have my own permission yet) and to date I have yet to see a stalker/guide happy to allow anyone, yet alone a bairn to be moving behind them with the muzzle pointing in the right direction to give him a spare rusty bullet-hole! (3mins-25secs),then encourage him to take shot at a moving beast resulting in a poor shot to the none critical area. Second shot aside, the footage as a whole does hunting no favours at all.

wow and we wonder why people are so agenst hunting

iv never shot a stag but i think both shots ware poor to me the second shot looked a little high ,.and on a running target .

it was all the guides fault as he should of stopped him .

but then if he never got a kill or shot at atleast one dear thay would of wanted there money bck no dowt.

f**king pricks .m my 2pence worth.

• 4 weeks later...

Disgusting, everything in that vid from start to finish is what the antis prey on, just a bunch of retarded yankee amatuers. The guide should stick to knitting

"ya hit it with the first" just about sums up the mentality of these people, I bet the deer loved that first gut shot.

Guest oldskool

couldnt agree more....

a poor guide like that wont teach the cub anything other than to one day make a fatal mistake...

• 3 weeks later...