Weasels and stoats

I dont know much about them are you able to shoot them i have seen about 10 of them just from walking around so what are yur views on shooting them lke i said i dont know anything about them. Cheers

They are legal quarry, but like anything should be left alone if causing no harm, or cant be eaten.

Just my thoughts on the subject before I get slagged off for saying it, views were asked for and this is mine! :feck::laugh:

Edited by maltenby
I dont know much about them are you able to shoot them i have seen about 10 of them just from walking around so what are yur views on shooting them lke i said i dont know anything about them. Cheers

They are legal quarry, but like anything should be left alone if causing no harm, or cant be eaten.

Just my thoughts on the subject before I get slagged off for saying it, views were asked for and this is mine! :feck::laugh:

I'm with Maltenby on this.

I have a stoat family in an old wood pile in my garden and they share that part of the garden with 9 bantams - the bantams have never had a problem with the stoats but the rats have. Weasels are great mousers (better than a cat) Personally I think these 2 species have had a bad press and a lot of the bad things about them have been handed down in folklore from previous generations - Now mink - that is a different matter.

If you are looking to shoot something in the country - go for the grey squirrel - I cant think of one good thing about these tree rats apart from their back legs are good to eat.