seeing claymans, post,and looking at his bag of cock birds, brings back memories of my first time out with the lads, of the local gun club,

neighbouring the estate where i was head keeper, :D it was going to be a good change for me, usually surounded by thousands of birds?

now i was out with my dog and the boys! :blink: totaly happy to watch the dogs work with the chance of a shot or two?

after working some cover, up burst 4 birds two of which came past me !, up goes the gun, bang, turn bang! cool right and left,

the lads are looking at me ! openmouthed? what?, well, what? oh crap! forgot you cant shoot hens :icon_redface: sorry lads.

we move on from there up a small valley, take the left side, nearly at the top at the hedge by the road, cock cock,? no mistake this time,

i shoot the bird going to my right, bang, got him, now i kidd you not, a hen rises at the same time , goes left and crashes into an oak

tree! falls down on the road, and starts flapping about, now i'm standing there, smoking gun, etc, and who do you think comes around,

the corner in his car? the parish priest! aw double crap! a shooting man himself ! he cant see my dog retrieving up the cock. so shakes

his head at me and drives on! meanwhile the lads are falling about laughing :angry:

oh well i dont think i'll be going to heaven :icon_eek:

nice one longrange i lost 1or2 in my time too but not like that

cheers i miss it a lot, your pictures brought back good memories, had the best time with the lads.

my youngest daughter was born there and very proud! she is.

she went back there for a month, and looked up all the lads that i told her to,

she had a great time. sadly i've never been back.

my father was born in tipp.

good luck. :D