falconers helping begginers

RIOHH

Only doubts i have on this thread is will there be people offering services who dont know enough but want to "big up" their reputation. I know a few starters who fly a harris for a season and think they are the new frank beebe.

Yep plenty of them alright expecially over the last 5 years or so!! Plenty of Frank Beebes, Hal Websters, E B Michelle's, I've also bumped into some Jack Mavrogordatos some duplicate Ronny Moores and Bob Haddons of late expecially on the forums ;)....

Whats happend to Falconers these days who do their apprentiship with Kestrals, Buzzards or even Redtails before taking on something like a Gos? learning to swing the lure, makeing birds to the Hood different temperaments and metabolisms and handling techniques, it seems to me thats all the basics are now going down the swany river these days......

Jasper

Jasper my point exactly

Whats happend to Falconers these days who do their apprentiship with Kestrals, Buzzards or even Redtails before taking on something like a Gos? learning to swing the lure, makeing birds to the Hood different temperaments and metabolisms and handling techniques, it seems to me thats all the basics are now going down the swany river these days......