.223 WSSM

mates got one here , winchester coyote thats the rifle he has, barrel life is pretty poor not sure but maybe 2000 rounds. ammunition is expensive and im led too beleive winchester are the only makers of it so theres not much choice unless you reload and by the looks of how thick the case walls are it wont resize as easy as more normal varmint cartridges. if your looking for speed get a 243 or 22-250. also i think his gun was abit iffy in puttin the rounds inthe chamber when they slid from the magazine they would always need abit of help to stay on track to enter the chamber

liam

Away from the norm of calibres there are plenty of very good ones..problem is they tend to be few and far between, ammo choice is limited and expensive and gun resale (if you ever can) is appalling.....

223WSSM is very limited...I have to ask just what is it that draws you to this calibre??

Away from the norm of calibres there are plenty of very good ones..problem is they tend to be few and far between, ammo choice is limited and expensive and gun resale (if you ever can) is appalling.....

223WSSM is very limited...I have to ask just what is it that draws you to this calibre??

My FAO has one for sale, 200 rounds, 56mm s&b scope, good price. :D

OK...it's a cracking round, BUT..how much is ammo, how easy is it to find, how much choice do you have..do you need it over EVERYTHING else commonly available and WHY is he selling it???

200 rounds and a good price :hmm::hmm::hmm: I wonder why???

Not trying to be funny but there is usually a good reason why people are selling at a "good price", I run a selection of air rifles, rimfires, centrefires and shotguns, I run my own Game and Vermin Control Company, I am Secretary of a Home Office Fullbore Club at Bisley and a Deer Mentor....and... I have no place for a .223WSSM

But you may well have a requirement! :thumbs:

PS...if the price really is good it may be worth investing for the scope alone!! :yes:

Edited by Deker

OK...it's a cracking round, BUT..how much is ammo, how easy is it to find, how much choice do you have..do you need it over EVERYTHING else commonly available and WHY is he selling it???

Not trying to be funny but there is usually a good reason why people are selling at a "good price", I run a selection of air rifles, rimfires, centrefires and shotguns, I run my own Game and Vermin Control Company, I am Secretary of a Home Office Fullbore Club at Bisley and a Deer Mentor....and... I have no place for a .223WSSM

PS...if the price really is good it may be worth investing for the scope alone!! :yes:

Ammo's a sore point at th mo, £22/25 for 20

Just making the leap from rim to centrefire and it was mentioned that he had one for sale, after doing some reasearch, read some good reviews (apart from ammo price) and decided to give it a try. Just waiting for my licence to come back. Got a shop up the road that can feed it for me. It wont be used much as I really only do rabbit shooting with hmr as i sell all the rabbits. It'll be for those 1 off foxing nights. Once a month, maybe less.

Ammo's a sore point at th mo, £22/25 for 20

Just making the leap from rim to centrefire and it was mentioned that he had one for sale, after doing some reasearch, read some good reviews (apart from ammo price) and decided to give it a try. Just waiting for my licence to come back. Got a shop up the road that can feed it for me. It wont be used much as I really only do rabbit shooting with hmr as i sell all the rabbits. It'll be for those 1 off foxing nights. Once a month, maybe less.

At the end of the day if it works for you that is all that matters!! :thumbs: Check out the FAQ section...Best Foxing Calibre!!!

Well it's all changed now, gun was right handed so no good for me. Scope is a 8x56 S&B, he wants £350 for it, good price????

Is there a centrefire sale sec on here, still on the lookout for a .223.

Cheers.

:laugh: I'd buy it for the scope!!

I bet you wont find a .223WSSM in left hand very often, if at all in most shops!!

Whereas you will find a Plethora of .223's out there, What is your rough budget?

SS :thumbs:

£6/700 mate. (inc scope)

Edited by vader
Depending on the scope you want, if its that S & B for £350.

Then £350 isn't going to get you a new rifle, but a good second hand one, and there should be something in .223 that you fancy.

Perhaps a S/H Remmy, Plenty of CZ's about too.

Its finding the bugger!

Then £350 isn't going to get you a new rifle, but a good second hand one, and there should be something in .223 that you fancy.

Its finding the bugger!

Guntrader.co.uk

Good place to start...guns for sale section!! :thumbs:

Its finding the bugger!

Guntrader.co.uk

Good place to start...guns for sale section!! :thumbs:

Cheers guys.

looking now.

Im a lefty. not many lh .223's on there. do you think they refere to lh if the bolt is on the left? I dont mind the bolt on the right but the stock must be ambi or l/h.