What 4x4 would you go for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12k for a motor to throw dogs in and run the risk off getting it converscated you must be barmy get a cheap dog bus then a nice motor for yourself

Already have another "clean" car which the wife uses, decided to treat myself mate. As for risk of confiscation, I've no idea what you mean :D:D

Stevie

bought a new L200 animal last week stevie, leather, sat nav, etc and separate back bit for the dogs, no more hairs everywhere :D

Good, good..............glad my dog will have somewhere to sleep when I eventually get up there :D:D

your dog is getting no-where near it, i seen what it did to fanny boys L200 :blink::o:clapper::clapper:

get a dosposable vitara go anywhere cheap as chip's great 4x4 rip out backseats instant jeep van had mine 18mths wouldnt part with it cost £17 in parts so far. .

KNOW WHY iv'e got a winch on the back ,and on the front of my VITARA?, so i can pull out all the oher's :D

cheep, go anywhere i sold this one 2 years ago ! BOUGHT IT BACK AGAIN . :D:D

get a dosposable vitara go anywhere cheap as chip's great 4x4 rip out backseats instant jeep van had mine 18mths wouldnt part with it cost £17 in parts so far. .

KNOW WHY iv'e got a winch on the back ,and on the front of my VITARA?, so i can pull out all the oher's :D

And this is why I have a Land Rover, so I can laugh at all the pretenters. :rolleyes:

Rob

And this is why I have a Land Rover, so I can laugh at all the pretenters. :rolleyes:

Rob

dont think they have any mountains in lincolnshire? :D

Rob

We've got The Wolds mate, but you don't need a 4x4 to get over them. I've got a Land Rover just because I want one. ;)

Rob

Guest blackntan

Rob

We've got The Wolds mate, but you don't need a 4x4 to get over them. I've got a Land Rover just because I want one. ;)

Rob

land rovers :notworthy: just no room in the fookers had td5s discos , no room in the front

landrover lol lol you must be rich 3 of my mates have them always in sick bay lol lol series 2-3 were the bestish disco's crap exhaust clutches brakes gearboxes pumps engines on and on feel sorry for anyone who thinks they got a bargain in a disco.

with 12k cash stay away from garages and dealerships. in the current climate id say bargains to be had privately. look online at autotrader im sure you will find something, as some have said a disco.

Not necessarily Max, there are bargains privately but the dealers have a lot of money tied up in secondhand cars on their forecourt's, the bigger the dealer the better the price with the theory that they have bigger overheads.

New car sales are down 26% and secondhand sales are down 23% so it's a buyers market at present.

Not sure about a Disco .. 12k doesn't buy a series 3 unless it's a very high mileage and basic spec. however the early ones 'should' have their softwear all sorted by now !! 12k for a Td5 will leave plenty of change even for a 2004 model but why purchase an outdated model ??

L200, Hi-Lux, Navara and Defender will attract VAT at 17.5% .. so .. the 12k becomes 10k.

Now try and find a late model of either make at 10k, very few about.

My choice .. Jeep Grand Cherokee, CRD. .. 3 litre Merc diesel engine and gearbox, standard auto box, all the toys etc. brilliant off road and good on the motorway (cruise control standard) 28 mpg. which is average for any 4x4, 0-60 in 9 seconds and 125 mph top speed.

Selling down my way 2007 model with 18,000 on the clock £9,950 .. (New price £25,000) and there's four Jeeps at one dealer alone at this price. Unfortunately £400 road tax.

Steve with 12k cash you will have a great time at any dealer ..