barb wire

Not this thread again, weather we like it or not, the farmer has every right to deploy this wire as he sees fit, we just have to live with it, yes it is a bast**d to dogs, and I also hate the stuff, but if its not your land its on then nowth you can do.

Just be very carefull.

Plier's seem to help the problem.. :whistling::D ..

Millet

Not a top comment Millet, though im sure it was in gest.

One of my main jobs is stock fencing of variuos sorts, barb is vicious stuff and my own dogs have scars from it themselves. It does serve a purpose if put up properly, and as stated, its the choice of the land owner whether it is necessary or not. I allways check an unfamiliar field for all the possible hidden dangers as any person who lamps their dogs ought do before slipping a hound. If there is low barb and you have a keen dog that will follow quarry hard in to a hedge, then you just dont risk lamping that field, just as, if you have a dog that will jump a fence in persuite and you no there is a good chance that the nature of the ground and habbits of your quarry might lead to such an occurance, then you dont lamp or course in a field with top strung barb.

All that said, it is nasty sh1t and not much fun to put up either.

WENT WAE BUNKS TO THE VETS THE DAY...PROBABLY THE WORST AV SEEN FOR A WEE WHILE

NO NEED FOR THAT WIRE ITS ALOT O BOLLOCKS, JUST A VET BILL WAITIN TO HAPPEN

THIS WEE BITCH WAS COMING ON GREAT THERE TAE

got my dog back today,onehundred od stitches and a vet bill that would choke a horse,but who cares aslong as my dog is ok,the vet says aslong as the skin take's to the flesh it should be ok ,if it doesn't it's more surgery,i got painkiller liquid and anti-inflametry tablets ,alot of rest and back to the vet on monday to change the dressing and see how it is.at least she will be ok witch is most important...

WENT WAE BUNKS TO THE VETS THE DAY...PROBABLY THE WORST AV SEEN FOR A WEE WHILE

NO NEED FOR THAT WIRE ITS ALOT O BOLLOCKS, JUST A VET BILL WAITIN TO HAPPEN

THIS WEE BITCH WAS COMING ON GREAT THERE TAE

got my dog back today,onehundred od stitches and a vet bill that would choke a horse,but who cares aslong as my dog is ok,the vet says aslong as the skin take's to the flesh it should be ok ,if it doesn't it's more surgery,i got painkiller liquid and anti-inflametry tablets ,alot of rest and back to the vet on monday to change the dressing and see how it is.at least she will be ok witch is most important...

:good:

good to hear she's ok mate! :clapper:

i was with bunks yesterday when this horrible accident happened,to say it was nasty would be a gross under estimate she proberly got the worst injury that i have seen in 30 years of keeping these majestic animals,hes got a top vet and dog so hopefully she will be back to her best sooner rather than later