Breast cancer fundraising for colleague

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you..i am gobsmacked at the generosity of people..something like this restores faith in mankind, doesnt it? People who dont know Gill and will never meet her, prepared to offer their money to help. What more can i say..thanks seems a bit hollow. My mum and neighbour gave another £20 between them...it all adds up. :clapper:

I don't know about in the Uk but here October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, everyone wears pink and it is a pretty big deal around here.

I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19, she had been diagnosed with it when I was just 4 and battled it for a long time. She complained to her OBGYN about lumps in her breasts (she was pregnant with my sister at age 29), he told her it was just because she was pregnant, and it was a couple of years when my sister was almost 2 when my Dad made her get a second opinion. She was at the hospital having a double mastectomy and a hysterectomy within the week, and I can remember going and seeing her in recovery at the hospital. She had Chemo, was fine for a few years and then it all started showing itself throughout her body, she had 2 craniotomys (brain surgery) and some god awful treatments that never worked the way they thought they would.

Thank heck that technology has gone so far over the years and that there is so much reasearch going on to find a cure. So although my avatar is eye candy for the boys (and some girls :icon_eek: ) , and my signature line could be seen as just suggestive with no real meaning, girls please feel your boobs regularly, boys please help your lasses out and either feel them for them, or get them to go to the doctor or feel them for themselves. Breast Cancer is such a big deal; we all have mothers and grandmothers, many of us have sisters, aunts, daughters and friends, and this is something that has or will probably affect us all in some way. Also men can get breast cancer, strange as it sounds. I like to take a more "light" approach to this issue, but believe me when I tell you that I am the biggest penny pincher on the planet, and this is the only cause that I ever give any money to (THL donation being the only exception).

Your friend is lucky to have you, best of luck to her. She seems to have the right mental outlook on her condition. I'll be thinking of her.

bc4.gif

Tatas..that made me laugh out loud!!!

Just wanted to give this a wee bump and an update..up to £164 now..had an email from Gill this morning..she is blown away by the genrosity of all you people and asked me again to pass my thanks on. I'd love to try and get the amount to £200 by tomorrow night..if anyone else out there fancies giving the total a little boost?

This has been a tough week for her..shaving her head was awful i believe, but looking at her fundraising is helping. There but for the grace of God and and all that.

A shameless bump! :icon_redface:

Just wanted to give this a wee bump and an update..up to £164 now..had an email from Gill this morning..she is blown away by the genrosity of all you people and asked me again to pass my thanks on. I'd love to try and get the amount to £200 by tomorrow night..if anyone else out there fancies giving the total a little boost?

This has been a tough week for her..shaving her head was awful i believe, but looking at her fundraising is helping. There but for the grace of God and and all that.

i dont think its that easy for people to find spare cash at the moment with how the economy is now, & how were getting stung these days...

theres only so much you can ask for... :thumbs:

Nowt wrong with bumping this fellas :thumbs:

i dont think its that easy for people to find spare cash at the moment with how the economy is now, & how were getting stung these days...

No, i know there is..it was more tongue in cheek than anything. :whistling::icon_redface:

Cheers MadAl.. :victory:

Edited by redmoor

No, i know there is..it was more tongue in cheek than anything. :whistling::icon_redface:

Cheers MadAl.. :victory:

The total at the minute.............."what are the scores George Doors?" :laugh:

thanks and i hope it all works out fine for your friend. My nan said that the beggining is the worst part. then you learn to live with it. She sends her love to your friend and she said to tell her that the worst is over. :thumbs: