Info needed please.

Hello all, I hope this is the right forum mods but please move if not.

I have recently had some success in getting the lad (15 years old) off his ruddy play station and got him out fishing, he has even been a couple of times off his own back. I want to keep the motivation going for things out doors and would like to take him for a crack at some clays. I have only ever done this once and that was years ago at Mirfield (west yorks) and I need to find somewhere or someone within say half hours drive of Newcastle that will do an hour or so tuition for us both.

I would really appreciate a heads up from any one who knows of a good place to go, I obviously want the experience to be as safe as possible but just as important, I want it to be a good introduction for him, ie an enjoyable experience with the chance to actually have a crack at some clays.

Hope you can help and thank you in advance.

regards,

Pete

PS. May be should have said that I have done the usual searches and have a list of places from Thirsk up to Dinnington but would appreciate any views if you have visited a specific shooting ground. Prices range from <£30.00 to >£68.00 for 25 clays.

Hello mate, i have been to Steve Smiths at Dinnington a couple of times but only used the air rifle range there, nice place and friendly enough. Enquired about tuition myself as i am thinking of a SGC and its £40 for a half hour lesson. There are also claygrounds at Usworth/Springwell and Bywell local.

http://www.bywellshootingground.co.uk/index.php

Guest hpool_hunter

* OAKLODGE GUN CLUB* - HARTLEPOOL -

it says billingham for some reason , but its borderline hartlepool/billingham :

Oak Lodge Shooting Ground

Oak Lodge, Brierton, Billingham, Cleveland TS22 5PP

Tel: 01429 274202

Shame your not near us because we do 40 clays with cartridges and loan of a gun and tuition/supervision for £15.00 for folks that dont have a gun. We dont do coaching but we are very safe and have a good laugh.

Cheers for that Harrycatcat, that is by far the best deal I have seen anywhere so far! it is indeed a shame you are so far away.

Sat down and showed him what I was thinking of and thanks to the magic of youtube he could see some footage, the response was not what I expected, said he would rather eat his own kidney's than do that and could he have the wonga instead !!. I won't print my reply ! but heh, each to their own, I wont push him.

I'm away after a boar or two in couple of weeks so hopefully will have something a bit more exiting to post.

Thanks for everyones help re the clay pigeon shooting, will have to do that on my own I think.

Cheers,

Pete.

I have recently had some success in getting the lad (15 years old) off his ruddy play station and got him out fishing, he has even been a couple of times off his own back. I want to keep the motivation going for things out doors and would like to take him for a crack at some clays. I have only ever done this once and that was years ago at Mirfield (west yorks) and I need to find somewhere or someone within say half hours drive of Newcastle that will do an hour or so tuition for us both.

I would really appreciate a heads up from any one who knows of a good place to go, I obviously want the experience to be as safe as possible but just as important, I want it to be a good introduction for him, ie an enjoyable experience with the chance to actually have a crack at some clays.

regards,

Pete

PS. May be should have said that I have done the usual searches and have a list of places from Thirsk up to Dinnington but would appreciate any views if you have visited a specific shooting ground. Prices range from <£30.00 to >£68.00 for 25 clays.

I can reccommend my pal Brian Bailes for shooting tuition.

He,s up in Alnwick area now after leaving Bywell shooting ground as an instructor.

You can get him on 01668 215385 Mob 07855337125

Des Cochrane

www.ukshootingbreaks.org

post-19567-1223709621_thumb.jpg

regards,

Pete

He,s up in Alnwick area now after leaving Bywell shooting ground as an instructor.

Des Cochrane

www.ukshootingbreaks.org

also teesdale clay club and 30 mins down the a1 is spennymoor clay club.

regards,

Pete

Des Cochrane

www.ukshootingbreaks.org

also teesdale clay club and 30 mins down the a1 is spennymoor clay club.

Cheers for the info guys, I will keep it on file.

Best regards,

Pete.