late for uni but had fun on the way!

bigdave911

Well making my way to the car yesterday morning i herd some frantic flapping in the tree behind me. I turned just in time to see a pigeon falling from the tree! :blink: it was hurt in the leg as far as i could see maybe it was attacked not sure but it was having real trouble flying (or doing anything for that matter!). So here is me delibberating wither i should help it out and ring its neck or leave it for a bit more see how it does when the girlfriend pokes her head out of the top window and says i thought you would be away by now.........then she sees the pigeon!! I spent the next 5 min trying to convice her that i didnt shoot it! :angel: (the rifle was in the car for my trip to the club after uni so she knew i had it)

Anyway the girlfriend decides she doesn't want to see anymore and goes back in. Still watching the pigeon looks like its on the mend so i tthought i would leave it a little longer( haha i must have been in a for giving mood yesterday morning :icon_redface: ) I looked up to see 2 crows flying about from tree to tree circling above the pigeon but they obviously didnt come down because i was there. So i was like 2 on one eh? well then its just going to have to be 2 on 2 me and the pigeon vs the crows haha :gunsmilie:

Loaded the rifle at the boot of the car and told the pigeon to sit tight :whistling: ( haha i must have thought i was Rambo :icon_redface: )

Ran up the stairs and opened the bathroom window (at this point the g/f is doing her dinger...she was in the shower :tongue2: maybe it was that or the fact i hadnt left yet)

the crows had landed by this point and slowly making there way to the pigeon cocked the rifle and put the first pellet right in the side of its head went down stone dead. the other crow didnt really bat an eye lid(if they had any :icon_eek: ) So took him out aswell :clapper:

So after another grilling from the g/f for not being able to keep my killing till after 9 in the morning i went down stairs and back outside to where the pigeon was it seem calmer now. then it just flew away :icon_eek:

So im being :censored: Rambo to save this pigeon and it just gets up and flys away :blink:

Aww well it was fun all the same and missed half a Hydrology Lecture so it aint all bad. :thumbs:

Have a good one guys haha im late again

Dave

Well making my way to the car yesterday morning i herd some frantic flapping in the tree behind me. I turned just in time to see a pigeon falling from the tree! :blink: it was hurt in the leg as far as i could see maybe it was attacked not sure but it was having real trouble flying (or doing anything for that matter!). So here is me delibberating wither i should help it out and ring its neck or leave it for a bit more see how it does when the girlfriend pokes her head out of the top window and says i thought you would be away by now.........then she sees the pigeon!! I spent the next 5 min trying to convice her that i didnt shoot it! :angel: (the rifle was in the car for my trip to the club after uni so she knew i had it)

Anyway the girlfriend decides she doesn't want to see anymore and goes back in. Still watching the pigeon looks like its on the mend so i tthought i would leave it a little longer( haha i must have been in a for giving mood yesterday morning :icon_redface: ) I looked up to see 2 crows flying about from tree to tree circling above the pigeon but they obviously didnt come down because i was there. So i was like 2 on one eh? well then its just going to have to be 2 on 2 me and the pigeon vs the crows haha :gunsmilie:

Loaded the rifle at the boot of the car and told the pigeon to sit tight :whistling: ( haha i must have thought i was Rambo :icon_redface: )

Ran up the stairs and opened the bathroom window (at this point the g/f is doing her dinger...she was in the shower :tongue2: maybe it was that or the fact i hadnt left yet)

the crows had landed by this point and slowly making there way to the pigeon cocked the rifle and put the first pellet right in the side of its head went down stone dead. the other crow didnt really bat an eye lid(if they had any :icon_eek: ) So took him out aswell :clapper:

So after another grilling from the g/f for not being able to keep my killing till after 9 in the morning i went down stairs and back outside to where the pigeon was it seem calmer now. then it just flew away :icon_eek:

So im being :censored: Rambo to save this pigeon and it just gets up and flys away :blink:

Aww well it was fun all the same and missed half a Hydrology Lecture so it aint all bad. :thumbs:

Have a good one guys haha im late again

Dave

Great reading bigdave911 ;) Now get to uni before your girlfriend gets the rolling pin out on you :victory:

Crow's are feckers for that, people don't realise.

A few years back, I was on a job next to an old, derelict hotel full of feral pigeons. A young pigeon fell out of the window, and landed nearby. It nearly had all it's feathers, but it couldn't fly. I told to the lad I was working with, that it wouldn't live, and the kindest thing to do with it would be to ring its neck.

I picked it up, and the lad got distressed, (fully grown man mind you! :laugh:) and asked me not to! So, I put the thing on a short wall, turned my back and walked away. I hadn't gone more that 10 steps, when about 5 crows dive bombed it and started pecking in. I looked at my mate, and said 'I told you!'

I scared the crows off, and this little battered pigeon looked like it had a broken wing, and one of it's legs were hanging off! :bad: I wrung it's neck, and put it in a bin.

My mate asked me why the crows had attacked it, and I told him that they'd have eaten it. He looked at me in horror and said that he never knew crows were like that!

Cheers for all the great comments guys and timelord the rollingpin did come out when the g/f read the story i posted. Haha she mentioned did you really have to go into the detail of me being in the shower :censored:

Well i didnt have to but it wouldnt have been a great story if i said went out the door yesterday, there was a hurt pigeon on the ground ended up capping 2 crows then it flew away!

Again cheers guys :notworthy: